|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 09:06 AM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the full agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 17-18, 2014 at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con Europe 2014 also will feature pre-conference tutorials on June 16, 2014. For more information on the conference and tutorials, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the strategy, technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Speakers will present their vision of how enterprises can create new connections across employees, customers and partners. Additionally, they will share case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Key developments they will explore include API management, cloud computing, mobile IoT, big data and analytics—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Opening Keynote: Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Intelligent Orchestration: More Than Just a Web Services Engine, Luca Martini, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco
- Integrate All the Things: Why Web and Open Source Culture and Technology are Eating the World, James Governor, Principal Analyst and Co-Founder, RedMonk
- The Innovative Nature Of Open Source Cloud, Alan Clark, Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, SUSE, and Chairman of the Board, OpenStack®
- Closing Keynote: Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Powering the Lean Developer with Continuous Development, Tyler Jewel, CEO, Codenvy
- WSO2 Cloud Strategy, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- Apache Stratos Roadmap and Strategy, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- Buyers Guide to All Things Cloud, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- An Introduction to WSO2 Private PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- A Complete Platform for Applications in a Connected Enterprise, Dimuthu Leelarathne, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Cloud in Action: App Cloud + API Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- How We Built WSO2 Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Getting More 9s from Your Cloud Operations, Chamith Kumarage, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec, PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director Of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Building an eHealth Ecosystem with WSO2 API Manager, Ruben van der Zwan, CEO, Yenlo, and Thijs Volders, Senior Java/SOA Consultant and Architect, Yenlo
- API Management Strategy and Roadmap, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Creating APIs with the WSO2 Platform, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Security Landscape, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Extending and Customizing WSO2 API Manager, Nuwan Dias, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Analytics – Data to Insight, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Integrated Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry, API Manager and App Factory, Senaka Fernando, Software Architect, WSO2
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- WSO2 ESB Roadmap and Strategy, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- API First Integration: The Future of Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Data Services: Getting Your Data into APIs, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Scalable, Distributed Messaging with WSO2 Message Broker, Shammi Jayasinghe, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- BPEL, BPMN, Rules and All Things Workflow: Strategy and Roadmap, Chathura Ekanayake, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Intelligent Integration with WSO2 ESB and WSO2 CEP, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Solution Architecture Patterns for Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Strategy and Roadmap for Mobility, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
- Introducing WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: EMM for WSO2, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
Internet of Things
- Case Study: How WSO2 Supports Deutsche Telekom Implementing an eCare Platform Including an Intelligent Emergency Call System, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Reference Architecture for IoT, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Securing the Internet of Things, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Case Study: Internet of Things – WSO2Con Style!, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Application Development with WSO2: Strategy and Roadmap, Samisa Abeysinghe, Vice President of Delivery, WSO2
- Introduction to WSO2 Developer Studio, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Cloud Development with WSO2, Shiroshica Kulatilake, Software Architect, WSO2
- Socializing Corporate Assets with Enterprise Store, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- WSO2 Application Server: Tomcat on Steroids, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Building Multitenant SaaS Apps with WSO2 Private PaaS, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Securing and Managing Applications with WSO2 App Manager, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Big Data Analytics Strategy and Roadmap, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Gather Those Events: Instrumenting Everything for Analysis, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Analyzing a Soccer Game with WSO2 CEP, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Scalable Log Analysis with WSO2 BAM, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Creating Amazing User Experiences with WSO2 UES, Ruchira Wageesha, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- The WSO2 Security Architecture: Strategy and Roadmap, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Enterprise Single Sign-On: SAML, OpenID Connect and More, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Borderless Federated Identity, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Standard Based Identity Provisioning, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Risks, Challenges and Best Practices in Enterprise Access Control, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Transforming the Business: Building a Next Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Roadmap to Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head Of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Building Ecosystems for Your Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Towards a Winning API Strategy, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Reference Architectures for Connected Business, Mifan Careem, Director of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Partnering with WSO2 to Win, Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
- Presenting the WSO2 Story, Jonathan Marsh, Vice President of Strategy, WSO2
- Market Penetrating Solutions: API Management and Application Consolidation, Dakshitha Ratnayake, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Selling to CIOs: Understanding and Discovering Pain Points, John Mathon, Vice President of Enterprise Evangelism, WSO2
- Your Team: Leveraging Partner Program Resources, Nirosh Perera, Director of Partnerships, WSO2
- Partner Panel: Hosted by Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
Aug. 4, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 290
Our guest on the podcast this week is JP Morgenthal, Global Solutions Executive at CSC. We discuss the architecture of microservices and how to overcome the challenge of making different tools work together. We learn about the importance of hiring engineers who can compose services into an integrated system.
Aug. 4, 2015 12:45 PM EDT
Alibaba, the world’s largest ecommerce provider, has pumped over a $1 billion into its subsidiary, Aliya, a cloud services provider. This is perhaps one of the biggest moments in the global Cloud Wars that signals the entry of China into the main arena. Here is why this matters. The cloud industry worldwide is being propelled into fast growth by tremendous demand for cloud computing services. Cloud, which is highly scalable and offers low investment and high computational capabilities to end us...
Aug. 4, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 217
You often hear the two titles of "DevOps" and "Immutable Infrastructure" used independently. In his session at DevOps Summit, John Willis, Technical Evangelist for Docker, covered the union between the two topics and why this is important. He provided an overview of Immutable Infrastructure then showed how an Immutable Continuous Delivery pipeline can be applied as a best practice for "DevOps." He ended the session with some interesting case study examples.
Aug. 4, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 298
One of the ways to increase scalability of services – and applications – is to go “stateless.” The reasons for this are many, but in general by eliminating the mapping between a single client and a single app or service instance you eliminate the need for resources to manage state in the app (overhead) and improve the distributability (I can make up words if I want) of requests across a pool of instances. The latter occurs because sessions don’t need to hang out and consume resources that could ...
Aug. 4, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 280
Microservices has the potential of significantly impacting the way in which developers create applications. It's possible to create applications using microservices faster and more efficiently than other technologies that are currently available. The problem is that many people are suspicious of microservices because of all the technology claims to do. In addition, anytime you start moving things around in an organization, it means changing the status quo and people dislike change. Even so, micr...
Aug. 4, 2015 08:45 AM EDT
"We've just seen a huge influx of new partners coming into our ecosystem, and partners building unique offerings on top of our API set," explained Seth Bostock, Chief Executive Officer at IndependenceIT, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 16th Cloud Expo, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Aug. 3, 2015 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 702
SYS-CON Events announced today that HPM Networks will exhibit at the 17th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 3–5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. For 20 years, HPM Networks has been integrating technology solutions that solve complex business challenges. HPM Networks has designed solutions for both SMB and enterprise customers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area.
Aug. 3, 2015 06:45 PM EDT Reads: 546
The Software Defined Data Center (SDDC), which enables organizations to seamlessly run in a hybrid cloud model (public + private cloud), is here to stay. IDC estimates that the software-defined networking market will be valued at $3.7 billion by 2016. Security is a key component and benefit of the SDDC, and offers an opportunity to build security 'from the ground up' and weave it into the environment from day one. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Reuven Harrison, CTO and Co-Founder of Tufin,...
Aug. 3, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 569
Take the Long View with Digital Transformation By @IoT2040 | @ThingsExpo #IoT #M2M #API #Microservices #InternetOfThings
Digital Transformation is the ultimate goal of cloud computing and related initiatives. The phrase is certainly not a precise one, and as subject to hand-waving and distortion as any high-falutin' terminology in the world of information technology. Yet it is an excellent choice of words to describe what enterprise IT—and by extension, organizations in general—should be working to achieve. Digital Transformation means: handling all the data types being found and created in the organizat...
Aug. 2, 2015 06:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,144
Aug. 2, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 331
Approved this February by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), HTTP/2 is the first major update to HTTP since 1999, when HTTP/1.1 was standardized. Designed with performance in mind, one of the biggest goals of HTTP/2 implementation is to decrease latency while maintaining a high-level compatibility with HTTP/1.1. Though not all testing activities will be impacted by the new protocol, it's important for testers to be aware of any changes moving forward.
Aug. 2, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 207
This week, I joined SOASTA as Senior Vice President of Performance Analytics. Given my background in cloud computing and distributed systems operations — you may have read my blogs on CNET or GigaOm — this may surprise you, but I want to explain why this is the perfect time to take on this opportunity with this team. In fact, that’s probably the best way to break this down. To explain why I’d leave the world of infrastructure and code for the world of data and analytics, let’s explore the timing...
Aug. 1, 2015 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 427
[slides] Storage for Docker Containers By @OnModulus | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
Learn how to solve the problem of keeping files in sync between multiple Docker containers. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Aaron Brongersma, Senior Infrastructure Engineer at Modulus, discussed using rsync, GlusterFS, EBS and Bit Torrent Sync. He broke down the tools that are needed to help create a seamless user experience. In the end, can we have an environment where we can easily move Docker containers, servers, and volumes without impacting our applications? He shared his results so yo...
Jul. 31, 2015 11:45 PM EDT Reads: 805
Modern DevOps Tool Kit By @Logentries and @NewRelic | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Containers #Microservices
Auto-scaling environments, micro-service architectures and globally-distributed teams are just three common examples of why organizations today need automation and interoperability more than ever. But is interoperability something we simply start doing, or does it require a reexamination of our processes? And can we really improve our processes without first making interoperability a requirement for how we choose our tools?
Jul. 31, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 434
Cloud Migration Management (CMM) refers to the best practices for planning and managing migration of IT systems from a legacy platform to a Cloud Provider through a combination professional services consulting and software tools. A Cloud migration project can be a relatively simple exercise, where applications are migrated ‘as is’, to gain benefits such as elastic capacity and utility pricing, but without making any changes to the application architecture, software development methods or busine...
Jul. 31, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,361
The Internet of Things. Cloud. Big Data. Real-Time Analytics. To those who do not quite understand what these phrases mean (and let’s be honest, that’s likely to be a large portion of the world), words like “IoT” and “Big Data” are just buzzwords. The truth is, the Internet of Things encompasses much more than jargon and predictions of connected devices. According to Parker Trewin, Senior Director of Content and Communications of Aria Systems, “IoT is big news because it ups the ante: Reach out ...
Jul. 31, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 428
Where the Network Got Invited to the Party By @LMacVittie | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
At DevOps Summit NY there’s been a whole lot of talk about not just DevOps, but containers, IoT, and microservices. Sessions focused not just on the cultural shift needed to grow at scale with a DevOps approach, but also made sure to include the network ”plumbing” needed to ensure success as applications decompose into the microservice architectures enabling rapid growth and support for the Internet of (Every)Things.
Jul. 30, 2015 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,784
Designing the IT Architecture of the Future with Adrian Cockcroft | @DevOpsSummit #DevOps #Docker #Containers #Microservices
Our guest on the podcast this week is Adrian Cockcroft, Technology Fellow at Battery Ventures. We discuss what makes Docker and Netflix highly successful, especially through their use of well-designed IT architecture and DevOps.
Jul. 30, 2015 08:00 PM EDT Reads: 803
[slides] A New Architecture for the Internet of Things By @JKirklan | @ThingsExpo @RedHatNews #IoT #M2M #InternetOfThings
Explosive growth in connected devices. Enormous amounts of data for collection and analysis. Critical use of data for split-second decision making and actionable information. All three are factors in making the Internet of Things a reality. Yet, any one factor would have an IT organization pondering its infrastructure strategy. How should your organization enhance its IT framework to enable an Internet of Things implementation? In his session at @ThingsExpo, James Kirkland, Red Hat's Chief Arch...
Jul. 30, 2015 07:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,432