|By Business Wire||
|June 11, 2014 09:06 AM EDT||
WSO2 today announced the full agenda for WSO2Con Europe 2014. Keynote speakers, enterprise customers, third-party solution providers, and WSO2 technical experts will present case studies and discuss best practices for enabling the connected business.
WSO2’s sixth user conference will be held June 17-18, 2014 at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos in Barcelona, Spain. In addition to the conference sessions, WSO2Con Europe 2014 also will feature pre-conference tutorials on June 16, 2014. For more information on the conference and tutorials, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com.
Speakers Examine Enterprise’s Evolution Toward a Connected Business
WSO2Con Europe 2014 is focused on empowering enterprises with the strategy, technology and implementation insights to succeed in the era of the connected business. Speakers will present their vision of how enterprises can create new connections across employees, customers and partners. Additionally, they will share case studies, concepts and technologies for translating this vision into real-world deployments. Key developments they will explore include API management, cloud computing, mobile IoT, big data and analytics—along with IT strategies and best practices in service-oriented architecture (SOA), integration, security and governance.
A list of featured speakers and topics follows. To view the full agenda and abstracts, visit http://eu14.wso2con.com/agenda.
- Opening Keynote: Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, Founder, Chairman and CEO, WSO2
- Intelligent Orchestration: More Than Just a Web Services Engine, Luca Martini, Distinguished Engineer, Cisco
- Integrate All the Things: Why Web and Open Source Culture and Technology are Eating the World, James Governor, Principal Analyst and Co-Founder, RedMonk
- The Innovative Nature Of Open Source Cloud, Alan Clark, Director of Industry Initiatives, Emerging Standards and Open Source, SUSE, and Chairman of the Board, OpenStack®
- Closing Keynote: Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Powering the Lean Developer with Continuous Development, Tyler Jewel, CEO, Codenvy
- WSO2 Cloud Strategy, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- Apache Stratos Roadmap and Strategy, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- Buyers Guide to All Things Cloud, Dmitry Sotnikov, Vice President of Cloud, WSO2
- An Introduction to WSO2 Private PaaS, Lakmal Warusawithana, Director of Cloud Architecture, WSO2
- A Complete Platform for Applications in a Connected Enterprise, Dimuthu Leelarathne, Senior Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Cloud in Action: App Cloud + API Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- How We Built WSO2 Cloud, Amila Maha Arachchi, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Getting More 9s from Your Cloud Operations, Chamith Kumarage, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Glue Your SaaS Applications Together Using WSO2, Yann Le Blevec, PhD, Smartwave SA
- Case Study: CSI Ecosystem Using WSO2 Technology, Fabrizio Barbero, Director Of Integration, CSI-Piemonte
- Building an eHealth Ecosystem with WSO2 API Manager, Ruben van der Zwan, CEO, Yenlo, and Thijs Volders, Senior Java/SOA Consultant and Architect, Yenlo
- API Management Strategy and Roadmap, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Creating APIs with the WSO2 Platform, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Security Landscape, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Extending and Customizing WSO2 API Manager, Nuwan Dias, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- API Analytics – Data to Insight, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Integrated Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry, API Manager and App Factory, Senaka Fernando, Software Architect, WSO2
- Creating a Master Data Management Solution with WSO2 Products, Giuseppe Bertone, Solution Architect, AlmavivA S.p.A.
- WSO2 ESB Roadmap and Strategy, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: WSO2 in Social Protection Context, Gabriel Popa, Independent Consultant, Iello-Dev srl
- API First Integration: The Future of Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- Data Services: Getting Your Data into APIs, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Scalable, Distributed Messaging with WSO2 Message Broker, Shammi Jayasinghe, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- BPEL, BPMN, Rules and All Things Workflow: Strategy and Roadmap, Chathura Ekanayake, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Intelligent Integration with WSO2 ESB and WSO2 CEP, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Technical Lead, WSO2
- Solution Architecture Patterns for Integration, Kasun Indrasiri, Software Architect, WSO2
- WSO2 Strategy and Roadmap for Mobility, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
- Introducing WSO2 Enterprise Mobility Manager, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- Case Study: EMM for WSO2, Sinnathamby Shanmugarajah, Director of Mobile Architecture, WSO2
Internet of Things
- Case Study: How WSO2 Supports Deutsche Telekom Implementing an eCare Platform Including an Intelligent Emergency Call System, Sven-juergen Laemke, T-Systems International GmbH
- Reference Architecture for IoT, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Securing the Internet of Things, Paul Fremantle, Co-founder and CTO, WSO2
- Case Study: Internet of Things – WSO2Con Style!, Afkham Azeez, Director of Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: How WSO2 Helps Small and Medium Enterprises Adopt SOA, Cyril Rognon, CTO, Emoxa
- Application Development with WSO2: Strategy and Roadmap, Samisa Abeysinghe, Vice President of Delivery, WSO2
- Introduction to WSO2 Developer Studio, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Cloud Development with WSO2, Shiroshica Kulatilake, Software Architect, WSO2
- Socializing Corporate Assets with Enterprise Store, Isabelle Mauny, Vice President of Product Management, WSO2
- WSO2 Application Server: Tomcat on Steroids, Sagara Gunathunge, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Building Multitenant SaaS Apps with WSO2 Private PaaS, Sameera Jayasoma, Software Architect, WSO2
- Securing and Managing Applications with WSO2 App Manager, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Case Study: redBorder’s Horama CEP Engine, Jaime Nebrera, ENEO Tecnologia
- Big Data Analytics Strategy and Roadmap, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Gather Those Events: Instrumenting Everything for Analysis, Sriskandarajah Suhothayan, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Analyzing a Soccer Game with WSO2 CEP, Dr. Srinath Perera, Director of Research, WSO2
- Scalable Log Analysis with WSO2 BAM, Anjana Fernando, Senior Technical Lead, WSO2
- Creating Amazing User Experiences with WSO2 UES, Ruchira Wageesha, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Building a state-of-the-art personal identity management platform with SOA and WSO2, Nestor Fernandez, Barcelona Digital Technology Centre
- The WSO2 Security Architecture: Strategy and Roadmap, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security Architecture, WSO2
- Enterprise Single Sign-On: SAML, OpenID Connect and More, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, Vice President of Engineering, WSO2
- Borderless Federated Identity, Prabath Siriwardena, Director of Security, WSO2
- Standard Based Identity Provisioning, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Risks, Challenges and Best Practices in Enterprise Access Control, Johann Nallathamby, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Case Study: Transforming the Business: Building a Next Generation Big Data Processing Platform, Phil Smith, CIO, Transactis
- Roadmap to Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Case Study: SOA ‘a-la Russe’, Alexey Smirnov, Head Of Integration Solutions Practice, CROC Inc.
- Building Ecosystems for Your Connected Business, Asanka Abeysinghe, Vice President of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Towards a Winning API Strategy, Sumedha Rubasinghe, Director of API Architecture, WSO2
- Reference Architectures for Connected Business, Mifan Careem, Director of Solutions Architecture, WSO2
- Partnering with WSO2 to Win, Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
- Presenting the WSO2 Story, Jonathan Marsh, Vice President of Strategy, WSO2
- Market Penetrating Solutions: API Management and Application Consolidation, Dakshitha Ratnayake, Associate Technical Lead, WSO2
- Selling to CIOs: Understanding and Discovering Pain Points, John Mathon, Vice President of Enterprise Evangelism, WSO2
- Your Team: Leveraging Partner Program Resources, Nirosh Perera, Director of Partnerships, WSO2
- Partner Panel: Hosted by Lindsey Anderson, Vice President of Enterprise and Channel Sales, WSO2
WSO2 delivers on the promise of the connected business with the only completely integrated enterprise platform that enables businesses to build, integrate and manage their APIs, applications, and Web services on-premises, in the cloud, and on mobile devices. Leading enterprise customers worldwide rely on WSO2’s award-winning 100% open source platform and its robust governance and DevOps functionality for their mission-critical applications. Today, these businesses represent nearly every sector: health, financial, retail, logistics, manufacturing, travel, technology, telecom and more. Visit http://wso2.com to learn more, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Hosted PaaS providers have given independent developers and startups huge advantages in efficiency and reduced time-to-market over their more process-bound counterparts in enterprises. Software frameworks are now available that allow enterprise IT departments to provide these same advantages for developers in their own organization. In his workshop session at DevOps Summit, Troy Topnik, ActiveState’s Technical Product Manager, will show how on-prem or cloud-hosted Private PaaS can enable organ...
Mar. 27, 2015 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 513
SYS-CON Events announced today Sematext Group, Inc., a Brooklyn-based Performance Monitoring and Log Management solution provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting and anomaly detection (SPM), log management and analytics (Logsene), search analytics (S...
Mar. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,285
In the midst of the widespread popularity and adoption of cloud computing, it seems like everything is being offered “as a Service” these days: Infrastructure? Check. Platform? You bet. Software? Absolutely. Toaster? It’s only a matter of time. With service providers positioning vastly differing offerings under a generic “cloud” umbrella, it’s all too easy to get confused about what’s actually being offered. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Kevin Hazard, Director of Digital Content for SoftL...
Mar. 27, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,271
When it comes to microservices there are myths and uncertainty about the journey ahead. Deploying a “Hello World” app on Docker is a long way from making microservices work in real enterprises with large applications, complex environments and existing organizational structures. February 19, 2015 10:00am PT / 1:00pm ET → 45 Minutes Join our four experts: Special host Gene Kim, Gary Gruver, Randy Shoup and XebiaLabs’ Andrew Phillips as they explore the realities of microservices in today’s IT worl...
Mar. 27, 2015 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,688
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on T...
Mar. 27, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,267
SYS-CON Events announced today that Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Site24x7 is a cloud infrastructure monitoring service that helps monitor the uptime and performance of websites, online applications, servers, mobile websites and custom APIs. The monitoring is done from 50+ locations across the world and from various wireless carr...
Mar. 27, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,583
Even though it’s now Microservices Journal, long-time fans of SOA World Magazine can take comfort in the fact that the URL – soa.sys-con.com – remains unchanged. And that’s no mistake, as microservices are really nothing more than a new and improved take on the Service-Oriented Architecture (SOA) best practices we struggled to hammer out over the last decade. Skeptics, however, might say that this change is nothing more than an exercise in buzzword-hopping. SOA is passé, and now that people are ...
Mar. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,030
For those of us that have been practicing SOA for over a decade, it's surprising that there's so much interest in microservices. In fairness microservices don't look like the vendor play that was early SOA in the early noughties. But experienced SOA practitioners everywhere will be wondering if microservices is actually a good thing. You see microservices is basically an SOA pattern that inherits all the well-known SOA principles and adds characteristics that address the use of SOA for distribut...
Mar. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 889
Microservice architectures are the new hotness, even though they aren't really all that different (in principle) from the paradigm described by SOA (which is dead, or not dead, depending on whom you ask). One of the things this decompositional approach to application architecture does is encourage developers and operations (some might even say DevOps) to re-evaluate scaling strategies. In particular, the notion is forwarded that an application should be built to scale and then infrastructure sho...
Mar. 27, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,280
Microservices are the result of decomposing applications. That may sound a lot like SOA, but SOA was based on an object-oriented (noun) premise; that is, services were built around an object - like a customer - with all the necessary operations (functions) that go along with it. SOA was also founded on a variety of standards (most of them coming out of OASIS) like SOAP, WSDL, XML and UDDI. Microservices have no standards (at least none deriving from a standards body or organization) and can be b...
Mar. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,017
Our guest on the podcast this week is Jason Bloomberg, President at Intellyx. When we build services we want them to be lightweight, stateless and scalable while doing one thing really well. In today's cloud world, we're revisiting what to takes to make a good service in the first place. Listen in to learn why following "the book" doesn't necessarily mean that you're solving key business problems.
Mar. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,104
Exelon Corporation employs technology and process improvements to optimize their IT operations, manage a merger and acquisition transition, and to bring outsourced IT operations back in-house. To learn more about how this leading energy provider in the US, with a family of companies having $23.5 billion in annual revenue, accomplishes these goals we're joined by Jason Thomas, Manager of Service, Asset and Release Management at Exelon. The discussion is moderated by me, Dana Gardner, Principal A...
Mar. 27, 2015 10:45 AM EDT Reads: 582
Right off the bat, Newman advises that we should "think of microservices as a specific approach for SOA in the same way that XP or Scrum are specific approaches for Agile Software development". These analogies are very interesting because my expectation was that microservices is a pattern. So I might infer that microservices is a set of process techniques as opposed to an architectural approach. Yet in the book, Newman clearly includes some elements of concept model and architecture as well as p...
Mar. 27, 2015 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,024
Microservices, for the uninitiated, are essentially the decomposition of applications into multiple services. This decomposition is often based on functional lines, with related functions being grouped together into a service. While this may sound a like SOA, it really isn't, especially given that SOA was an object-centered methodology that focused on creating services around "nouns" like customer and product. Microservices, while certainly capable of being noun-based, are just as likely to be v...
Mar. 27, 2015 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,699
SYS-CON Events announced today the IoT Bootcamp – Jumpstart Your IoT Strategy, being held June 9–10, 2015, in conjunction with 16th Cloud Expo and Internet of @ThingsExpo at the Javits Center in New York City. This is your chance to jumpstart your IoT strategy. Combined with real-world scenarios and use cases, the IoT Bootcamp is not just based on presentations but includes hands-on demos and walkthroughs. We will introduce you to a variety of Do-It-Yourself IoT platforms including Arduino, Ras...
Mar. 27, 2015 09:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,925
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
Mar. 27, 2015 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,450
Containers and microservices have become topics of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York June 9-11 will find fresh new content in a new track called PaaS | Containers & Microservices Containers are not being considered for the first time by the cloud community, but a current era of re-consideration has pushed them to the top of the cloud agenda. With the launch ...
Mar. 27, 2015 09:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,087
An explosive combination of technology trends will be where ‘microservices’ and the IoT Internet of Things intersect, a concept we can describe by comparing it with a previous theme, the ‘X Internet.' The idea of using small self-contained application components has been popular since XML Web services began and a distributed computing future of smart fridges and kettles was imagined long back in the early Internet years.
Mar. 27, 2015 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,085
SOA Software has changed its name to Akana. With roots in Web Services and SOA Governance, Akana has established itself as a leader in API Management and is expanding into cloud integration as an alternative to the traditional heavyweight enterprise service bus (ESB). The company recently announced that it achieved more than 90% year-over-year growth. As Akana, the company now addresses the evolution and diversification of SOA, unifying security, management, and DevOps across SOA, APIs, microser...
Mar. 27, 2015 08:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,945
The 16th Cloud Expo has added coverage containers and microservices to its program for New York, to be held June 9-11 at the Jacob Javits Convention Center. Cloud Expo has long been the single, independent show where delegates and technology vendors can meet to experience and discuss the entire world of the cloud. This year will be no different. Containers are an old concept that saw renewed life with the emergence of Docker in 2013. Then late in 2014, CoreOS shook up the cloud-computing w...
Mar. 27, 2015 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,009