|By Marketwired .||
|April 8, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced powerful updates to its leading Business Analytics solutions, reinforcing Oracle's commitment to enabling organizations to use real-time insights that drive innovation and optimize operations while simplifying IT.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 delivers a completely redesigned user interface that offers new drag and drop visualizations to provide users with a superior discovery experience, new personal data load for business users to add their own Excel data files to IT provided data, and new Oracle BI Server connectivity, to leverage trusted data from existing analytic applications, along with other features.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Release 220.127.116.11 delivers significant enhancements to usability, mobility, user experience and Big Data integration, enabling organizations to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
- Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle BI Foundation Suite run better on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first engineered system for Business Analytics. Oracle Exalytics takes best-in class analytics and in-memory software engineered on high-performance hardware to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance for data discovery, business intelligence, modeling and planning applications.
- The leader in Business Analytics software, Oracle delivers the most complete, open and integrated solutions that let customers gain insight into every aspect of their business in a fast, reliable and low cost way that allows them to plan ahead and act with confidence-anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Drives Innovation by Unlocking Insights from Any Source
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise data discovery platform for rapid, intuitive exploration and analysis of information from any combination of structured and unstructured sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables organizations to:
- Provide a Superior Discovery Experience: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 offers a completely redesigned look and feel, giving users a more sophisticated, yet streamlined and cleaner experience in which to discover valuable new insights.
- Empower the Business User: Business users can upload personal data files into Endeca Server and create new discovery applications without IT Assistance, as well as create and share new applications using managed data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Leverage Trusted Enterprise Data: Direct integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Server and the ability to deploy Oracle Endeca Information Discovery on Oracle Weblogic Server enables organizations to streamline data discovery across established enterprise platforms.
- Extend Social Media Intelligence: With a native JSON reader, a new connector to web service-based APIs through OAuth, extended text enrichment and improved sentiment accuracy, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery delivers enhanced support for mining and understanding unstructured social media data.
- Use Globally: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 supports ten localizations (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) and Oracle Endeca Information Server now supports text data in 22 languages (Catalan, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish).
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Drives Optimization by Further Improving Analytics Capabilities
- A comprehensive solution, Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite centralizes enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, what-if scenario analysis, scorecards and predictive analytics on an integrated platform.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 18.104.22.168 adds important enhancements to user interface, mobile computing, enterprise reporting and information access Including:
- Accelerate Data Analysis and Time to Insights: New visualizations, including, Performance Tiles and Waterfall Graphs, and a new View Suggestions Engine allow business users to quickly visualize and analyze data in context to intuitively make data-driven decisions.
- Intelligence on the Go: Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile brings the power of analytics directly to end-users on their smartphones and tablets without compromising security. The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit allows customers to integrate their mobile device management solution of choice with their BI Mobile apps, adding another layer of security and manageability. The new release includes support for more mobile-friendly gestures; interactive mobile access to the new Oracle BI visualizations; and enhanced capabilities for controlling and viewing content on mobile devices.
- Extend Business User Analysis: Oracle Smart View for Office now is the single Microsoft Office add-in for Oracle BI, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management applications. New capabilities allow users to export full Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards in native Microsoft Excel. Users now can create new analyses directly from within Microsoft Excel using data, calculations, reports, and visualizations managed by Oracle BI Foundation Suite and can save these views directly in their Excel spreadsheets, or to the BI Presentation Catalog.
- Enhanced Enterprise Reporting: Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards can now be converted to pixel-perfect reporting in BI Publisher without any rework.
- Harness Big Data: Expanding access to federated data sources, Oracle Business Intelligence can now access data sources on Hadoop via the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Find Critical Information: Leveraging Oracle Endeca Server technology, users can now bring the power of faceted navigation and full text search of Oracle BI objects. They can find more and reuse analysis shared among authorized Oracle BI users.
- "In today's uncertain and extremely competitive business environment, our customers are looking for ways to distil data meaningfully to detect problems, identify opportunities, and better plan for the future," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. "The new enhancements reinforce our commitment to continually adding value to our customers by delivering innovation around business discovery, self-service analytics and user experience, and providing greater effectiveness to drive optimization and tighter alignment across their business."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Magic Quadrant for CPM
- Register for What's New in Oracle Business Analytics Webcast
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
In IT, we sometimes coin terms for things before we know exactly what they are and how they’ll be used. The resulting terms may capture a common set of aspirations and goals – as “cloud” did broadly for on-demand, self-service, and flexible computing. But such a term can also lump together diverse and even competing practices, technologies, and priorities to the point where important distinctions are glossed over and lost.
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 PM EST Reads: 1,665
Monitoring of Docker environments is challenging. Why? Because each container typically runs a single process, has its own environment, utilizes virtual networks, or has various methods of managing storage. Traditional monitoring solutions take metrics from each server and applications they run. These servers and applications running on them are typically very static, with very long uptimes. Docker deployments are different: a set of containers may run many applications, all sharing the resource...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:45 PM EST Reads: 5,733
Logs are continuous digital records of events generated by all components of your software stack – and they’re everywhere – your networks, servers, applications, containers and cloud infrastructure just to name a few. The data logs provide are like an X-ray for your IT infrastructure. Without logs, this lack of visibility creates operational challenges for managing modern applications that drive today’s digital businesses.
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,798
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,249
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,846
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,970
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,315
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,193
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,205
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 746
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,254
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,202
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 8, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 648
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 974
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,906
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 872
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 5,418
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,932
As we enter the final week before the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in Santa Clara, CA, it's time for me to reflect on six big topics that will be important during the show. Hybrid Cloud: This general-purpose term seems to provide a comfort zone for many enterprise IT managers. It sounds reassuring to be able to work with one of the major public-cloud providers like AWS or Microsoft Azure while still maintaining an on-site presence.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,955
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,945