|By Marketwired .||
|April 8, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced powerful updates to its leading Business Analytics solutions, reinforcing Oracle's commitment to enabling organizations to use real-time insights that drive innovation and optimize operations while simplifying IT.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 delivers a completely redesigned user interface that offers new drag and drop visualizations to provide users with a superior discovery experience, new personal data load for business users to add their own Excel data files to IT provided data, and new Oracle BI Server connectivity, to leverage trusted data from existing analytic applications, along with other features.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Release 220.127.116.11 delivers significant enhancements to usability, mobility, user experience and Big Data integration, enabling organizations to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
- Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle BI Foundation Suite run better on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first engineered system for Business Analytics. Oracle Exalytics takes best-in class analytics and in-memory software engineered on high-performance hardware to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance for data discovery, business intelligence, modeling and planning applications.
- The leader in Business Analytics software, Oracle delivers the most complete, open and integrated solutions that let customers gain insight into every aspect of their business in a fast, reliable and low cost way that allows them to plan ahead and act with confidence-anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Drives Innovation by Unlocking Insights from Any Source
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise data discovery platform for rapid, intuitive exploration and analysis of information from any combination of structured and unstructured sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables organizations to:
- Provide a Superior Discovery Experience: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 offers a completely redesigned look and feel, giving users a more sophisticated, yet streamlined and cleaner experience in which to discover valuable new insights.
- Empower the Business User: Business users can upload personal data files into Endeca Server and create new discovery applications without IT Assistance, as well as create and share new applications using managed data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Leverage Trusted Enterprise Data: Direct integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Server and the ability to deploy Oracle Endeca Information Discovery on Oracle Weblogic Server enables organizations to streamline data discovery across established enterprise platforms.
- Extend Social Media Intelligence: With a native JSON reader, a new connector to web service-based APIs through OAuth, extended text enrichment and improved sentiment accuracy, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery delivers enhanced support for mining and understanding unstructured social media data.
- Use Globally: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 supports ten localizations (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) and Oracle Endeca Information Server now supports text data in 22 languages (Catalan, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish).
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Drives Optimization by Further Improving Analytics Capabilities
- A comprehensive solution, Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite centralizes enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, what-if scenario analysis, scorecards and predictive analytics on an integrated platform.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 18.104.22.168 adds important enhancements to user interface, mobile computing, enterprise reporting and information access Including:
- Accelerate Data Analysis and Time to Insights: New visualizations, including, Performance Tiles and Waterfall Graphs, and a new View Suggestions Engine allow business users to quickly visualize and analyze data in context to intuitively make data-driven decisions.
- Intelligence on the Go: Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile brings the power of analytics directly to end-users on their smartphones and tablets without compromising security. The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit allows customers to integrate their mobile device management solution of choice with their BI Mobile apps, adding another layer of security and manageability. The new release includes support for more mobile-friendly gestures; interactive mobile access to the new Oracle BI visualizations; and enhanced capabilities for controlling and viewing content on mobile devices.
- Extend Business User Analysis: Oracle Smart View for Office now is the single Microsoft Office add-in for Oracle BI, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management applications. New capabilities allow users to export full Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards in native Microsoft Excel. Users now can create new analyses directly from within Microsoft Excel using data, calculations, reports, and visualizations managed by Oracle BI Foundation Suite and can save these views directly in their Excel spreadsheets, or to the BI Presentation Catalog.
- Enhanced Enterprise Reporting: Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards can now be converted to pixel-perfect reporting in BI Publisher without any rework.
- Harness Big Data: Expanding access to federated data sources, Oracle Business Intelligence can now access data sources on Hadoop via the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Find Critical Information: Leveraging Oracle Endeca Server technology, users can now bring the power of faceted navigation and full text search of Oracle BI objects. They can find more and reuse analysis shared among authorized Oracle BI users.
- "In today's uncertain and extremely competitive business environment, our customers are looking for ways to distil data meaningfully to detect problems, identify opportunities, and better plan for the future," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. "The new enhancements reinforce our commitment to continually adding value to our customers by delivering innovation around business discovery, self-service analytics and user experience, and providing greater effectiveness to drive optimization and tighter alignment across their business."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Magic Quadrant for CPM
- Register for What's New in Oracle Business Analytics Webcast
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Once the decision has been made to move part or all of a workload to the cloud, a methodology for selecting that workload needs to be established. How do you move to the cloud? What does the discovery, assessment and planning look like? What workloads make sense? Which cloud model makes sense for each workload? What are the considerations for how to select the right cloud model? And how does that fit in with the overall IT transformation?
May. 29, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,262
You use an agile process; your goal is to make your organization more agile. But what about your data infrastructure? The truth is, today's databases are anything but agile - they are effectively static repositories that are cumbersome to work with, difficult to change, and cannot keep pace with application demands. Performance suffers as a result, and it takes far longer than it should to deliver new features and capabilities needed to make your organization competitive. As your application an...
May. 29, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,453
17th Cloud Expo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. Cloud computing is now being embraced by a majority of enterprises of all sizes. Yesterday's debate about public vs. private has transformed into the reality of hybrid cloud: a recent survey shows that 74% of enterprises have a hybrid cloud strategy. Meanwhile, 94% of enterprises a...
May. 28, 2015 11:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,229
SYS-CON Events announced today that SUSE, a pioneer in open source software, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. SUSE provides reliable, interoperable Linux, cloud infrastructure and storage solutions that give enterprises greater control and flexibility. More than 20 years of engineering excellence, exceptional service and an unrivaled partner ecosystem power the products and support that help ...
May. 28, 2015 10:30 PM EDT Reads: 539
The release of Kibana 4.x has had an impact on monitoring and other related activities. In this post we’re going to get specific and show you how to add Node.js monitoring to the Kibana 4 server app. Why Node.js? Because Kibana 4 now comes with a little Node.js server app that sits between the Kibana UI and the […]
May. 28, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 780
Virtualization is everywhere. Enormous and highly profitable companies have been built on nothing but virtualization. And nowhere has virtualization made more of an impact than in Cloud Computing, the rampant and unprecedented adoption of which has been the direct result of the wide availability of virtualization software and techniques that enabled it. But does the cloud actually require virtualization?
May. 28, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,050
There’s a lot of discussion around managing outages in production via the likes of DevOps principles and the corresponding software development lifecycles that does enable higher quality output from development, however, one cannot lay all blame for “bugs” and failures at the feet of those responsible for coding and development. As developers incorporate features and benefits of these paradigm shift, there is a learning curve and a point of not-knowing-what-is-not-known. Sometimes, the only way ...
May. 28, 2015 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,279
Right off the bat, Newman advises that we should "think of microservices as a specific approach for SOA in the same way that XP or Scrum are specific approaches for Agile Software development". These analogies are very interesting because my expectation was that microservices is a pattern. So I might infer that microservices is a set of process techniques as opposed to an architectural approach. Yet in the book, Newman clearly includes some elements of concept model and architecture as well as p...
May. 28, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,646
I’ve been thinking a bit about microservices (μServices) recently. My immediate reaction is to think: “Isn’t this just yet another new term for the same stuff, Web Services->SOA->APIs->Microservices?” Followed shortly by the thought, “well yes it is, but there are some important differences/distinguishing factors.” Microservices is an evolutionary paradigm born out of the need for simplicity (i.e., get away from the ESB) and alignment with agile (think DevOps) and scalable (think Containerizati...
May. 28, 2015 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,450
How can you compare one technology or tool to its competitors? Usually, there is no objective comparison available. So how do you know which is better? Eclipse or IntelliJ IDEA? Java EE or Spring? C# or Java? All you can usually find is a holy war and biased comparisons on vendor sites. But luckily, sometimes, you can find a fair comparison. How does this come to be? By having it co-authored by the stakeholders. The binary repository comparison matrix is one of those rare resources. It is edite...
May. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,663
As the world moves from DevOps to NoOps, application deployment to the cloud ought to become a lot simpler. However, applications have been architected with a much tighter coupling than it needs to be which makes deployment in different environments and migration between them harder. The microservices architecture, which is the basis of many new age distributed systems such as OpenStack, Netflix and so on is at the heart of CloudFoundry – a complete developer-oriented Platform as a Service (PaaS...
May. 28, 2015 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,652
T-Mobile has been transforming the wireless industry with its “Uncarrier” initiatives. Today as T-Mobile’s IT organization works to transform itself in a like manner, technical foundations built over the last couple of years are now key to their drive for more Agile delivery practices. In his session at DevOps Summit, Martin Krienke, Sr Development Manager at T-Mobile, will discuss where they started their Continuous Delivery journey, where they are today, and where they are going in an effort ...
May. 28, 2015 04:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,418
There is no question that the cloud is where businesses want to host data. Until recently hypervisor virtualization was the most widely used method in cloud computing. Recently virtual containers have been gaining in popularity, and for good reason. In the debate between virtual machines and containers, the latter have been seen as the new kid on the block – and like other emerging technology have had some initial shortcomings. However, the container space has evolved drastically since coming on...
May. 28, 2015 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,335
The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long development cycles that produce software that is obsolete at launch. DevOps may be disruptive, but it is essential. The DevOps Summit at Cloud Expo – to be held June 3-5, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City – will expand the DevOps community, enable a wide...
May. 28, 2015 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,960
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to DevOps Summit 2015 as Conference Chair. The 4th International DevOps Summit will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great team at ...
May. 28, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,685
Container technology is sending shock waves through the world of cloud computing. Heralded as the 'next big thing,' containers provide software owners a consistent way to package their software and dependencies while infrastructure operators benefit from a standard way to deploy and run them. Containers present new challenges for tracking usage due to their dynamic nature. They can also be deployed to bare metal, virtual machines and various cloud platforms. How do software owners track the usag...
May. 28, 2015 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 719
Enterprises are fast realizing the importance of integrating SaaS/Cloud applications, API and on-premises data and processes, to unleash hidden value. This webinar explores how managers can use a Microservice-centric approach to aggressively tackle the unexpected new integration challenges posed by proliferation of cloud, mobile, social and big data projects. Industry analyst and SOA expert Jason Bloomberg will strip away the hype from microservices, and clearly identify their advantages and d...
May. 28, 2015 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,499
SYS-CON Events announced today that MetraTech, now part of Ericsson, has been named “Silver Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Ericsson is the driving force behind the Networked Society- a world leader in communications infrastructure, software and services. Some 40% of the world’s mobile traffic runs through networks Ericsson has supplied, serving more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
May. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,417
The 4th International Internet of @ThingsExpo, co-located with the 17th International Cloud Expo - to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA - announces that its Call for Papers is open. The Internet of Things (IoT) is the biggest idea since the creation of the Worldwide Web more than 20 years ago.
May. 28, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,717
SYS-CON Events announced today that O'Reilly Media has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9–11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. O'Reilly Media spreads the knowledge of innovators through its books, online services, magazines, and conferences. Since 1978, O'Reilly Media has been a chronicler and catalyst of cutting-edge development, homing in on the technology trends that really matter and spurring their adoption...
May. 28, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 683