|By Marketwired .||
|April 8, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced powerful updates to its leading Business Analytics solutions, reinforcing Oracle's commitment to enabling organizations to use real-time insights that drive innovation and optimize operations while simplifying IT.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 delivers a completely redesigned user interface that offers new drag and drop visualizations to provide users with a superior discovery experience, new personal data load for business users to add their own Excel data files to IT provided data, and new Oracle BI Server connectivity, to leverage trusted data from existing analytic applications, along with other features.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Release 18.104.22.168 delivers significant enhancements to usability, mobility, user experience and Big Data integration, enabling organizations to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
- Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle BI Foundation Suite run better on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first engineered system for Business Analytics. Oracle Exalytics takes best-in class analytics and in-memory software engineered on high-performance hardware to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance for data discovery, business intelligence, modeling and planning applications.
- The leader in Business Analytics software, Oracle delivers the most complete, open and integrated solutions that let customers gain insight into every aspect of their business in a fast, reliable and low cost way that allows them to plan ahead and act with confidence-anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Drives Innovation by Unlocking Insights from Any Source
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise data discovery platform for rapid, intuitive exploration and analysis of information from any combination of structured and unstructured sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables organizations to:
- Provide a Superior Discovery Experience: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 offers a completely redesigned look and feel, giving users a more sophisticated, yet streamlined and cleaner experience in which to discover valuable new insights.
- Empower the Business User: Business users can upload personal data files into Endeca Server and create new discovery applications without IT Assistance, as well as create and share new applications using managed data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Leverage Trusted Enterprise Data: Direct integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Server and the ability to deploy Oracle Endeca Information Discovery on Oracle Weblogic Server enables organizations to streamline data discovery across established enterprise platforms.
- Extend Social Media Intelligence: With a native JSON reader, a new connector to web service-based APIs through OAuth, extended text enrichment and improved sentiment accuracy, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery delivers enhanced support for mining and understanding unstructured social media data.
- Use Globally: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 supports ten localizations (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) and Oracle Endeca Information Server now supports text data in 22 languages (Catalan, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish).
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Drives Optimization by Further Improving Analytics Capabilities
- A comprehensive solution, Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite centralizes enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, what-if scenario analysis, scorecards and predictive analytics on an integrated platform.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 22.214.171.124 adds important enhancements to user interface, mobile computing, enterprise reporting and information access Including:
- Accelerate Data Analysis and Time to Insights: New visualizations, including, Performance Tiles and Waterfall Graphs, and a new View Suggestions Engine allow business users to quickly visualize and analyze data in context to intuitively make data-driven decisions.
- Intelligence on the Go: Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile brings the power of analytics directly to end-users on their smartphones and tablets without compromising security. The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit allows customers to integrate their mobile device management solution of choice with their BI Mobile apps, adding another layer of security and manageability. The new release includes support for more mobile-friendly gestures; interactive mobile access to the new Oracle BI visualizations; and enhanced capabilities for controlling and viewing content on mobile devices.
- Extend Business User Analysis: Oracle Smart View for Office now is the single Microsoft Office add-in for Oracle BI, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management applications. New capabilities allow users to export full Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards in native Microsoft Excel. Users now can create new analyses directly from within Microsoft Excel using data, calculations, reports, and visualizations managed by Oracle BI Foundation Suite and can save these views directly in their Excel spreadsheets, or to the BI Presentation Catalog.
- Enhanced Enterprise Reporting: Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards can now be converted to pixel-perfect reporting in BI Publisher without any rework.
- Harness Big Data: Expanding access to federated data sources, Oracle Business Intelligence can now access data sources on Hadoop via the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Find Critical Information: Leveraging Oracle Endeca Server technology, users can now bring the power of faceted navigation and full text search of Oracle BI objects. They can find more and reuse analysis shared among authorized Oracle BI users.
- "In today's uncertain and extremely competitive business environment, our customers are looking for ways to distil data meaningfully to detect problems, identify opportunities, and better plan for the future," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. "The new enhancements reinforce our commitment to continually adding value to our customers by delivering innovation around business discovery, self-service analytics and user experience, and providing greater effectiveness to drive optimization and tighter alignment across their business."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Magic Quadrant for CPM
- Register for What's New in Oracle Business Analytics Webcast
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Culture is the most important ingredient of DevOps. The challenge for most organizations is defining and communicating a vision of beneficial DevOps culture for their organizations, and then facilitating the changes needed to achieve that. Often this comes down to an ability to provide true leadership. As a CIO, are your direct reports IT managers or are they IT leaders? The hard truth is that many IT managers have risen through the ranks based on their technical skills, not their leadership abi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 11,019
The essence of cloud computing is that all consumable IT resources are delivered as services. In his session at 15th Cloud Expo, Yung Chou, Technology Evangelist at Microsoft, demonstrated the concepts and implementations of two important cloud computing deliveries: Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) and Platform as a Service (PaaS). He discussed from business and technical viewpoints what exactly they are, why we care, how they are different and in what ways, and the strategies for IT to transi...
Mar. 27, 2017 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 6,129
Without a clear strategy for cost control and an architecture designed with cloud services in mind, costs and operational performance can quickly get out of control. To avoid multiple architectural redesigns requires extensive thought and planning. Boundary (now part of BMC) launched a new public-facing multi-tenant high resolution monitoring service on Amazon AWS two years ago, facing challenges and learning best practices in the early days of the new service.
Mar. 27, 2017 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,943
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Mar. 27, 2017 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,963
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm.
Mar. 27, 2017 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,057
As software becomes more and more complex, we, as software developers, have been splitting up our code into smaller and smaller components. This is also true for the environment in which we run our code: going from bare metal, to VMs to the modern-day Cloud Native world of containers, schedulers and micro services. While we have figured out how to run containerized applications in the cloud using schedulers, we've yet to come up with a good solution to bridge the gap between getting your contain...
Mar. 26, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 7,606
As organizations realize the scope of the Internet of Things, gaining key insights from Big Data, through the use of advanced analytics, becomes crucial. However, IoT also creates the need for petabyte scale storage of data from millions of devices. A new type of Storage is required which seamlessly integrates robust data analytics with massive scale. These storage systems will act as “smart systems” provide in-place analytics that speed discovery and enable businesses to quickly derive meaningf...
Mar. 26, 2017 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 9,594
DevOps is often described as a combination of technology and culture. Without both, DevOps isn't complete. However, applying the culture to outdated technology is a recipe for disaster; as response times grow and connections between teams are delayed by technology, the culture will die. A Nutanix Enterprise Cloud has many benefits that provide the needed base for a true DevOps paradigm. In his Day 3 Keynote at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Brown, a Solutions Marketing Manager at Nutanix, will explore t...
Mar. 26, 2017 03:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,814
DevOps has often been described in terms of CAMS: Culture, Automation, Measuring, Sharing. While we’ve seen a lot of focus on the “A” and even on the “M”, there are very few examples of why the “C" is equally important in the DevOps equation. In her session at @DevOps Summit, Lori MacVittie, of F5 Networks, explored HTTP/1 and HTTP/2 along with Microservices to illustrate why a collaborative culture between Dev, Ops, and the Network is critical to ensuring success.
Mar. 26, 2017 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 10,572
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing Cloud strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @CloudExpo | @ThingsExpo, June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY and October 31 - November 2, 2017, Santa Clara Convention Center, CA. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is on the right path to Digital Transformation.
Mar. 26, 2017 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 8,518
Everyone wants to use containers, but monitoring containers is hard. New ephemeral architecture introduces new challenges in how monitoring tools need to monitor and visualize containers, so your team can make sense of everything. In his session at @DevOpsSummit, David Gildeh, co-founder and CEO of Outlyer, will go through the challenges and show there is light at the end of the tunnel if you use the right tools and understand what you need to be monitoring to successfully use containers in your...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,595
What if you could build a web application that could support true web-scale traffic without having to ever provision or manage a single server? Sounds magical, and it is! In his session at 20th Cloud Expo, Chris Munns, Senior Developer Advocate for Serverless Applications at Amazon Web Services, will show how to build a serverless website that scales automatically using services like AWS Lambda, Amazon API Gateway, and Amazon S3. We will review several frameworks that can help you build serverle...
Mar. 26, 2017 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,922
The IT industry is undergoing a significant evolution to keep up with cloud application demand. We see this happening as a mindset shift, from traditional IT teams to more well-rounded, cloud-focused job roles. The IT industry has become so cloud-minded that Gartner predicts that by 2020, this cloud shift will impact more than $1 trillion of global IT spending. This shift, however, has left some IT professionals feeling a little anxious about what lies ahead. The good news is that cloud computin...
Mar. 26, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,266
SYS-CON Events announced today that HTBase will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. HTBase (Gartner 2016 Cool Vendor) delivers a Composable IT infrastructure solution architected for agility and increased efficiency. It turns compute, storage, and fabric into fluid pools of resources that are easily composed and re-composed to meet each application’s needs. With HTBase, companies can quickly prov...
Mar. 26, 2017 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,918
An overall theme of Cloud computing and the specific practices within it is fundamentally one of automation. The core value of technology is to continually automate low level procedures to free up people to work on more value add activities, ultimately leading to the utopian goal of full Autonomic Computing. For example a great way to define your plan for DevOps tool chain adoption is through this lens. In this TechTarget article they outline a simple maturity model for planning this.
Mar. 26, 2017 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,286
While DevOps most critically and famously fosters collaboration, communication, and integration through cultural change, culture is more of an output than an input. In order to actively drive cultural evolution, organizations must make substantial organizational and process changes, and adopt new technologies, to encourage a DevOps culture. Moderated by Andi Mann, panelists discussed how to balance these three pillars of DevOps, where to focus attention (and resources), where organizations might...
Mar. 26, 2017 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 6,189
The rise of containers and microservices has skyrocketed the rate at which new applications are moved into production environments today. While developers have been deploying containers to speed up the development processes for some time, there still remain challenges with running microservices efficiently. Most existing IT monitoring tools don’t actually maintain visibility into the containers that make up microservices. As those container applications move into production, some IT operations t...
Mar. 26, 2017 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,972
For organizations that have amassed large sums of software complexity, taking a microservices approach is the first step toward DevOps and continuous improvement / development. Integrating system-level analysis with microservices makes it easier to change and add functionality to applications at any time without the increase of risk. Before you start big transformation projects or a cloud migration, make sure these changes won’t take down your entire organization.
Mar. 25, 2017 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 3,650
Software development is a moving target. You have to keep your eye on trends in the tech space that haven’t even happened yet just to stay current. Consider what’s happened with augmented reality (AR) in this year alone. If you said you were working on an AR app in 2015, you might have gotten a lot of blank stares or jokes about Google Glass. Then Pokémon GO happened. Like AR, the trends listed below have been building steam for some time, but they’ll be taking off in surprising new directions b...
Mar. 25, 2017 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 5,839
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Mar. 25, 2017 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 10,339