|By Marketwired .||
|April 8, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced powerful updates to its leading Business Analytics solutions, reinforcing Oracle's commitment to enabling organizations to use real-time insights that drive innovation and optimize operations while simplifying IT.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 delivers a completely redesigned user interface that offers new drag and drop visualizations to provide users with a superior discovery experience, new personal data load for business users to add their own Excel data files to IT provided data, and new Oracle BI Server connectivity, to leverage trusted data from existing analytic applications, along with other features.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Release 126.96.36.199 delivers significant enhancements to usability, mobility, user experience and Big Data integration, enabling organizations to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
- Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle BI Foundation Suite run better on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first engineered system for Business Analytics. Oracle Exalytics takes best-in class analytics and in-memory software engineered on high-performance hardware to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance for data discovery, business intelligence, modeling and planning applications.
- The leader in Business Analytics software, Oracle delivers the most complete, open and integrated solutions that let customers gain insight into every aspect of their business in a fast, reliable and low cost way that allows them to plan ahead and act with confidence-anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Drives Innovation by Unlocking Insights from Any Source
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise data discovery platform for rapid, intuitive exploration and analysis of information from any combination of structured and unstructured sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables organizations to:
- Provide a Superior Discovery Experience: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 offers a completely redesigned look and feel, giving users a more sophisticated, yet streamlined and cleaner experience in which to discover valuable new insights.
- Empower the Business User: Business users can upload personal data files into Endeca Server and create new discovery applications without IT Assistance, as well as create and share new applications using managed data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Leverage Trusted Enterprise Data: Direct integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Server and the ability to deploy Oracle Endeca Information Discovery on Oracle Weblogic Server enables organizations to streamline data discovery across established enterprise platforms.
- Extend Social Media Intelligence: With a native JSON reader, a new connector to web service-based APIs through OAuth, extended text enrichment and improved sentiment accuracy, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery delivers enhanced support for mining and understanding unstructured social media data.
- Use Globally: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 supports ten localizations (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) and Oracle Endeca Information Server now supports text data in 22 languages (Catalan, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish).
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Drives Optimization by Further Improving Analytics Capabilities
- A comprehensive solution, Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite centralizes enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, what-if scenario analysis, scorecards and predictive analytics on an integrated platform.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 188.8.131.52 adds important enhancements to user interface, mobile computing, enterprise reporting and information access Including:
- Accelerate Data Analysis and Time to Insights: New visualizations, including, Performance Tiles and Waterfall Graphs, and a new View Suggestions Engine allow business users to quickly visualize and analyze data in context to intuitively make data-driven decisions.
- Intelligence on the Go: Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile brings the power of analytics directly to end-users on their smartphones and tablets without compromising security. The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit allows customers to integrate their mobile device management solution of choice with their BI Mobile apps, adding another layer of security and manageability. The new release includes support for more mobile-friendly gestures; interactive mobile access to the new Oracle BI visualizations; and enhanced capabilities for controlling and viewing content on mobile devices.
- Extend Business User Analysis: Oracle Smart View for Office now is the single Microsoft Office add-in for Oracle BI, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management applications. New capabilities allow users to export full Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards in native Microsoft Excel. Users now can create new analyses directly from within Microsoft Excel using data, calculations, reports, and visualizations managed by Oracle BI Foundation Suite and can save these views directly in their Excel spreadsheets, or to the BI Presentation Catalog.
- Enhanced Enterprise Reporting: Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards can now be converted to pixel-perfect reporting in BI Publisher without any rework.
- Harness Big Data: Expanding access to federated data sources, Oracle Business Intelligence can now access data sources on Hadoop via the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Find Critical Information: Leveraging Oracle Endeca Server technology, users can now bring the power of faceted navigation and full text search of Oracle BI objects. They can find more and reuse analysis shared among authorized Oracle BI users.
- "In today's uncertain and extremely competitive business environment, our customers are looking for ways to distil data meaningfully to detect problems, identify opportunities, and better plan for the future," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. "The new enhancements reinforce our commitment to continually adding value to our customers by delivering innovation around business discovery, self-service analytics and user experience, and providing greater effectiveness to drive optimization and tighter alignment across their business."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Magic Quadrant for CPM
- Register for What's New in Oracle Business Analytics Webcast
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 21, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 591
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,788
24Notion is full-service global creative digital marketing, technology and lifestyle agency that combines strategic ideas with customized tactical execution. With a broad understand of the art of traditional marketing, new media, communications and social influence, 24Notion uniquely understands how to connect your brand strategy with the right consumer. 24Notion ranked #12 on Corporate Social Responsibility - Book of List.
Oct. 21, 2016 04:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,480
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,202
The reason I believe digital transformation is not only more than a fad, but is actually a life-or-death imperative for every business and IT executive on the planet is simple: there will be no place for an “industrial enterprise” in a digital world. Transformation, by definition, is a metamorphosis from one state to another, wholly new state. As such, a true digital transformation must be the act of transforming an industrial-era organization into something wholly different – the Digital Enter...
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,227
Just over a week ago I received a long and loud sustained applause for a presentation I delivered at this year’s Cloud Expo in Santa Clara. I was extremely pleased with the turnout and had some very good conversations with many of the attendees. Over the next few days I had many more meaningful conversations and was not only happy with the results but also learned a few new things. Here is everything I learned in those three days distilled into three short points.
Oct. 21, 2016 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 6,788
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,468
Application transformation and DevOps practices are two sides of the same coin. Enterprises that want to capture value faster, need to deliver value faster – time value of money principle. To do that enterprises need to build cloud-native apps as microservices by empowering teams to build, ship, and run in production. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Neil Gehani, senior product manager at HPE, will discuss what every business should plan for how to structure their teams to d...
Oct. 21, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,224
When we talk about the impact of BYOD and BYOA and the Internet of Things, we often focus on the impact on data center architectures. That's because there will be an increasing need for authentication, for access control, for security, for application delivery as the number of potential endpoints (clients, devices, things) increases. That means scale in the data center. What we gloss over, what we skip, is that before any of these "things" ever makes a request to access an application it had to...
Oct. 21, 2016 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 13,563
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,241
In many organizations governance is still practiced by phase or stage gate peer review, and Agile projects are forced to accommodate, which leads to WaterScrumFall or worse. But governance criteria and policies are often very weak anyway, out of date or non-existent. Consequently governance is frequently a matter of opinion and experience, highly dependent upon the experience of individual reviewers. As we all know, a basic principle of Agile methods is delegation of responsibility, and ideally ...
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,042
Oct. 21, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,716
Today every business relies on software to drive the innovation necessary for a competitive edge in the Application Economy. This is why collaboration between development and operations, or DevOps, has become IT’s number one priority. Whether you are in Dev or Ops, understanding how to implement a DevOps strategy can deliver faster development cycles, improved software quality, reduced deployment times and overall better experiences for your customers.
Oct. 21, 2016 09:30 AM EDT Reads: 456
Apache Hadoop is a key technology for gaining business insights from your Big Data, but the penetration into enterprises is shockingly low. In fact, Apache Hadoop and Big Data proponents recognize that this technology has not yet achieved its game-changing business potential. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, John Mertic, director of program management for ODPi at The Linux Foundation, will explain why this is, how we can work together as an open data community to increase adoption, and the i...
Oct. 21, 2016 08:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,837
All clouds are not equal. To succeed in a DevOps context, organizations should plan to develop/deploy apps across a choice of on-premise and public clouds simultaneously depending on the business needs. This is where the concept of the Lean Cloud comes in - resting on the idea that you often need to relocate your app modules over their life cycles for both innovation and operational efficiency in the cloud. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at19th Cloud Expo, Valentin (Val) Bercovici, CTO of So...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,061
JetBlue Airways uses virtual environments to reduce software development costs, centralize performance testing, and create a climate for continuous integration and real-time monitoring of mobile applications. The next BriefingsDirect Voice of the Customer performance engineering case study discussion examines how JetBlue Airways in New York uses virtual environments to reduce software development costs, centralize performance testing, and create a climate for continuous integration and real-tim...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,177
Virgil consists of an open-source encryption library, which implements Cryptographic Message Syntax (CMS) and Elliptic Curve Integrated Encryption Scheme (ECIES) (including RSA schema), a Key Management API, and a cloud-based Key Management Service (Virgil Keys). The Virgil Keys Service consists of a public key service and a private key escrow service.
Oct. 21, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 898
SYS-CON Events announced today that eCube Systems, the leading provider of modern development tools and best practices for Continuous Integration on OpenVMS, will exhibit at SYS-CON's @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York, which will take place on June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. eCube Systems offers a family of middleware products and development tools that maximize return on technology investment by leveraging existing technical equity to meet evolving business needs. ...
Oct. 21, 2016 07:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,406
Let's just nip the conflation of these terms in the bud, shall we?
"MIcro" is big these days. Both microservices and microsegmentation are having and will continue to have an impact on data center architecture, but not necessarily for the same reasons. There's a growing trend in which folks - particularly those with a network background - conflate the two and use them to mean the same thing.
They are not.
One is about the application. The other, the network. T...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 6,322
This is a no-hype, pragmatic post about why I think you should consider architecting your next project the way SOA and/or microservices suggest. No matter if it’s a greenfield approach or if you’re in dire need of refactoring. Please note: considering still keeps open the option of not taking that approach. After reading this, you will have a better idea about whether building multiple small components instead of a single, large component makes sense for your project. This post assumes that you...
Oct. 21, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 7,160