|By Marketwired .||
|April 8, 2013 10:00 AM EDT||
DENVER, CO -- (Marketwired) -- 04/08/13 -- COLLABORATE 13 -- Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL)
- Oracle today announced powerful updates to its leading Business Analytics solutions, reinforcing Oracle's commitment to enabling organizations to use real-time insights that drive innovation and optimize operations while simplifying IT.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 delivers a completely redesigned user interface that offers new drag and drop visualizations to provide users with a superior discovery experience, new personal data load for business users to add their own Excel data files to IT provided data, and new Oracle BI Server connectivity, to leverage trusted data from existing analytic applications, along with other features.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite Release 22.214.171.124 delivers significant enhancements to usability, mobility, user experience and Big Data integration, enabling organizations to analyze critical information and get the intelligence they need to optimize their business.
- Endeca Information Discovery and Oracle BI Foundation Suite run better on Oracle Exalytics In-Memory Machine, the industry's first engineered system for Business Analytics. Oracle Exalytics takes best-in class analytics and in-memory software engineered on high-performance hardware to reduce the cost and complexity of IT infrastructures while increasing productivity and performance for data discovery, business intelligence, modeling and planning applications.
- The leader in Business Analytics software, Oracle delivers the most complete, open and integrated solutions that let customers gain insight into every aspect of their business in a fast, reliable and low cost way that allows them to plan ahead and act with confidence-anytime, anywhere, on any device.
Oracle Endeca Information Discovery Drives Innovation by Unlocking Insights from Any Source
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery is an enterprise data discovery platform for rapid, intuitive exploration and analysis of information from any combination of structured and unstructured sources.
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 enables organizations to:
- Provide a Superior Discovery Experience: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 offers a completely redesigned look and feel, giving users a more sophisticated, yet streamlined and cleaner experience in which to discover valuable new insights.
- Empower the Business User: Business users can upload personal data files into Endeca Server and create new discovery applications without IT Assistance, as well as create and share new applications using managed data sets already provisioned by IT.
- Leverage Trusted Enterprise Data: Direct integration with Oracle Business Intelligence Server and the ability to deploy Oracle Endeca Information Discovery on Oracle Weblogic Server enables organizations to streamline data discovery across established enterprise platforms.
- Extend Social Media Intelligence: With a native JSON reader, a new connector to web service-based APIs through OAuth, extended text enrichment and improved sentiment accuracy, Oracle Endeca Information Discovery delivers enhanced support for mining and understanding unstructured social media data.
- Use Globally: Oracle Endeca Information Discovery 3.0 supports ten localizations (English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Japanese, Korean, simplified Chinese and traditional Chinese) and Oracle Endeca Information Server now supports text data in 22 languages (Catalan, simplified Chinese, traditional Chinese, Czech, Dutch, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Thai and Turkish).
Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Drives Optimization by Further Improving Analytics Capabilities
- A comprehensive solution, Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite centralizes enterprise reporting, dashboards, ad-hoc analysis, what-if scenario analysis, scorecards and predictive analytics on an integrated platform.
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation 126.96.36.199 adds important enhancements to user interface, mobile computing, enterprise reporting and information access Including:
- Accelerate Data Analysis and Time to Insights: New visualizations, including, Performance Tiles and Waterfall Graphs, and a new View Suggestions Engine allow business users to quickly visualize and analyze data in context to intuitively make data-driven decisions.
- Intelligence on the Go: Oracle Business Intelligence Mobile brings the power of analytics directly to end-users on their smartphones and tablets without compromising security. The Oracle BI Mobile Security Toolkit allows customers to integrate their mobile device management solution of choice with their BI Mobile apps, adding another layer of security and manageability. The new release includes support for more mobile-friendly gestures; interactive mobile access to the new Oracle BI visualizations; and enhanced capabilities for controlling and viewing content on mobile devices.
- Extend Business User Analysis: Oracle Smart View for Office now is the single Microsoft Office add-in for Oracle BI, Oracle Essbase, and Oracle Hyperion Enterprise Performance Management applications. New capabilities allow users to export full Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards in native Microsoft Excel. Users now can create new analyses directly from within Microsoft Excel using data, calculations, reports, and visualizations managed by Oracle BI Foundation Suite and can save these views directly in their Excel spreadsheets, or to the BI Presentation Catalog.
- Enhanced Enterprise Reporting: Oracle Business Intelligence dashboards can now be converted to pixel-perfect reporting in BI Publisher without any rework.
- Harness Big Data: Expanding access to federated data sources, Oracle Business Intelligence can now access data sources on Hadoop via the Hive Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) interface.
- Find Critical Information: Leveraging Oracle Endeca Server technology, users can now bring the power of faceted navigation and full text search of Oracle BI objects. They can find more and reuse analysis shared among authorized Oracle BI users.
- "In today's uncertain and extremely competitive business environment, our customers are looking for ways to distil data meaningfully to detect problems, identify opportunities, and better plan for the future," said Paul Rodwick, vice president of product management, Oracle. "The new enhancements reinforce our commitment to continually adding value to our customers by delivering innovation around business discovery, self-service analytics and user experience, and providing greater effectiveness to drive optimization and tighter alignment across their business."
- Oracle Business Analytics
- Oracle Business Intelligence Foundation Suite
- Oracle Endeca Information Discovery
- Exalytics In-Memory Machine
- Magic Quadrant for Business Intelligence and Analytics Platforms
- Magic Quadrant for CPM
- Register for What's New in Oracle Business Analytics Webcast
- Connect with Oracle Business Analytics via Blog, Facebook and Twitter
Oracle engineers hardware and software to work together in the cloud and in your data center. For more information about Oracle (NASDAQ: ORCL), visit www.oracle.com.
Oracle and Java are registered trademarks of Oracle and/or its affiliates. Other names may be trademarks of their respective owners.
All organizations that did not originate this moment have a pre-existing culture as well as legacy technology and processes that can be more or less amenable to DevOps implementation. That organizational culture is influenced by the personalities and management styles of Executive Management, the wider culture in which the organization is situated, and the personalities of key team members at all levels of the organization. This culture and entrenched interests usually throw a wrench in the work...
Jan. 19, 2017 05:15 PM EST Reads: 1,282
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Jan. 19, 2017 04:45 PM EST Reads: 3,464
"We're bringing out a new application monitoring system to the DevOps space. It manages large enterprise applications that are distributed throughout a node in many enterprises and we manage them as one collective," explained Kevin Barnes, President of eCube Systems, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 04:15 PM EST Reads: 5,400
I’m told that it has been 21 years since Scrum became public when Jeff Sutherland and I presented it at an Object-Oriented Programming, Systems, Languages & Applications (OOPSLA) workshop in Austin, TX, in October of 1995. Time sure does fly. Things mature. I’m still in the same building and at the same company where I first formulated Scrum. Initially nobody knew of Scrum, yet it is now an open source body of knowledge translated into more than 30 languages People use Scrum worldwide for ...
Jan. 19, 2017 03:15 PM EST Reads: 3,041
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of being...
Jan. 19, 2017 02:45 PM EST Reads: 2,290
As the race for the presidency heats up, IT leaders would do well to recall the famous catchphrase from Bill Clinton’s successful 1992 campaign against George H. W. Bush: “It’s the economy, stupid.” That catchphrase is important, because IT economics are important. Especially when it comes to cloud. Application performance management (APM) for the cloud may turn out to be as much about those economics as it is about customer experience.
Jan. 19, 2017 02:30 PM EST Reads: 4,688
When you focus on a journey from up-close, you look at your own technical and cultural history and how you changed it for the benefit of the customer. This was our starting point: too many integration issues, 13 SWP days and very long cycles. It was evident that in this fast-paced industry we could no longer afford this reality. We needed something that would take us beyond reducing the development lifecycles, CI and Agile methodologies. We made a fundamental difference, even changed our culture...
Jan. 19, 2017 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,051
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 5,160
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Jan. 19, 2017 01:15 PM EST Reads: 3,524
Synthetic monitoring is hardly a new technology. It’s been around almost as long as the commercial World Wide Web has. But the importance of monitoring the performance and availability of a web application by simulating users’ interactions with that application, from around the globe, has never been more important. We’ve seen prominent vendors in the broad APM space add this technology with new development or partnerships just in the last 18 months.
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,662
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:45 PM EST Reads: 2,544
Updating DevOps to the latest production data slows down your development cycle. Probably it is due to slow, inefficient conventional storage and associated copy data management practices. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 20th Cloud Expo, Dhiraj Sehgal, in Product and Solution at Tintri, will talk about DevOps and cloud-focused storage to update hundreds of child VMs (different flavors) with updates from a master VM in minutes, saving hours or even days in each development cycle. He will also...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:30 PM EST Reads: 1,197
SYS-CON Events announced today that Linux Academy, the foremost online Linux and cloud training platform and community, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Linux Academy was founded on the belief that providing high-quality, in-depth training should be available at an affordable price. Industry leaders in quality training, provided services, and student certification passes, its goal is to c...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:15 PM EST Reads: 2,012
The unique combination of Amazon Web Services and Cloud Raxak, a Gartner Cool Vendor in IT Automation, provides a seamless and cost-effective way of securely moving on-premise IT workloads to Amazon Web Services. Any enterprise can now leverage the cloud, manage risk, and maintain continuous security compliance. Forrester's analysis shows that enterprises need automated security to lower security risk and decrease IT operational costs. Through the seamless integration into Amazon Web Services, ...
Jan. 19, 2017 12:00 PM EST Reads: 1,913
A lot of time, resources and energy has been invested over the past few years on de-siloing development and operations. And with good reason. DevOps is enabling organizations to more aggressively increase their digital agility, while at the same time reducing digital costs and risks. But as 2017 approaches, the hottest trends in DevOps aren’t specifically about dev or ops. They’re about testing, security, and metrics.
Jan. 19, 2017 11:45 AM EST Reads: 1,317
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jan. 19, 2017 11:30 AM EST Reads: 4,373
"We got started as search consultants. On the services side of the business we have help organizations save time and save money when they hit issues that everyone more or less hits when their data grows," noted Otis Gospodnetić, Founder of Sematext, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at @DevOpsSummit, held June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 4,895
An overall theme of Cloud computing and the specific practices within it is fundamentally one of automation. The core value of technology is to continually automate low level procedures to free up people to work on more value add activities, ultimately leading to the utopian goal of full Autonomic Computing. For example a great way to define your plan for DevOps tool chain adoption is through this lens. In this TechTarget article they outline a simple maturity model for planning this.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 322
2016 has been an amazing year for Docker and the container industry. We had 3 major releases of Docker engine this year , and tremendous increase in usage. The community has been following along and contributing amazing Docker resources to help you learn and get hands-on experience. Here’s some of the top read and viewed content for the year. Of course releases are always really popular, particularly when they fit requests we had from the community.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 989
Hardware virtualization and cloud computing allowed us to increase resource utilization and increase our flexibility to respond to business demand. Docker Containers are the next quantum leap - Are they?! Databases always represented an additional set of challenges unique to running workloads requiring a maximum of I/O, network, CPU resources combined with data locality.
Jan. 19, 2017 10:15 AM EST Reads: 624