|By Business Wire||
|February 21, 2013 04:00 PM EST||
WSO2 today announced that videos of all 34 WSO2Con 2013 keynote presentations and technical sessions are now online. The event examined new application models enabled by the cloud, API management, mobile and the Raspberry Pi, among others. A highlight of the conference was a demonstration of the WSO2Con mobile application built using WSO2 Carbon enterprise middleware and running on a cluster of 24 Raspberry Pi computers—offering a proof of concept for building applications that are optimized for small form-factor devices. Nearly 400 IT architects, developers and managers attended WSO2’s third user conference, which was co-located in London and Colombo Sri Lanka and ran February 12-14, 2013. To view the videos, visit http://wso2con.com/agenda.
Among the presenters at WSO2Con 2013 were leading technology experts from WSO2 along with 16 guest speakers who included customers, researchers, systems integrators, and other third-party solution providers. Collectively, they explored best practices in API management, service-oriented architecture (SOA), cloud computing, mobile, data and analytics, application development, enterprise integration and governance, along with IT strategies for improving productivity and competing in a global economy. They also represented a broad cross section of markets, including financial services, government, retail, telecommunications, information technology, universities, and research institutions.
Guest Speakers Address Top Enterprise Priorities
Speakers at WSO2Con 2013 represent some of the world’s innovators in the development and implementation of SOA, Web services, open source, big data, cloud, mobile and other software technologies. These experts shared their insights in presentations across a number of the conference’s keynote sessions, technology and industry tracks, and tutorials.
- Democratizing Innovation in Computing, Eben Upton, Founder and Trustee, Raspberry Pi Foundation
- How Open Source Can Still Save The World, Brian Behlendorf, Senior Advisor for Science and Technology, World Economic Forum
- Network-embedded Application and Cloud Platforms: Emerging Foundations of Next-Generation Business Systems, Pankaj Srivastava, Vice President Engineering, Cisco Systems
- Cloud Computing Powered by Platform as a Service, Yefim Natis, Vice President and Distinguished Analyst, Gartner, Inc.
- Reinventing Enterprise IT Around APIs and Apps, Dr. Sanjiva Weerawarana, WSO2 founder and CEO
- The New IT - Your Milestone Plan, Paul Fremantle, WSO2 co-founder and CTO
- API and Service Orientation @StubHub, Phiroze Dastoor, Senior Applications Architect, StubHub
- Strategic Insurance Integration Platform at Suva, Igor Berchtold, Senior IT Architect, Suva
- The Spanish Language API Platform, Elena Álvarez, Head of the Morphology and Syntax Department, Molino de Ideas
- Case Study: SOAS University of London Student Enrolment Portal on WSO2, Charles Gibbons, Technical Design Authority, JISC Advance
- How WSO2 Helped the Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment Save Euro 500K and Deliver SOA Solutions Faster, Stephen Oostenbrink, Enterprise Architect, Dutch Ministry of Infrastructure and the Environment, and Thijs Volders, Senior Software Architect, Yenlo BV
- WSO2 as a Cryptographic Services Platform, Roger Carhuatocto, IT Consultant, Konosys
- SOA That Works, Alberto Lagna, CTO, Biznology
- An SOA-based eGovernment Solution in Sri Lanka, Mifan Careem, CTO, Respere
- Banking on the WSO2 Platform to Build a SOA Strategy, Diogenes Justo, IT Manager, Banco Indusval & Partners
- Building Self-managing System Using WSO2 BAM and WSO2 CEP, Prajod Vettiyattil, Lead Architect, Wipro Technologies
- A Discussion on the Modern Enterprise IT Management, Richie Etwaru, Director, Group Technology, UBS
- High Performance Cloud Integration Platform, Dipanjan, Sengupta, Principal Architect, Cognizant Technology Solutions
- Promoting Service Re-use with the WSO2 API Management Platform, Chris Haddad, WSO2 vice president of technology evangelism
- Raspberry Pi - WSO2 Style, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture; Lakmal Warusawithana, WSO2 software architect; and Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon Product Performance and Deployment Topology Sizing, Asanka Abeysinghe, WSO2 director of solutions architecture
- Achieving Agility with WSO2 App Factory, Selvaratnam Uthaiyashankar, WSO2 director of cloud solutions
- WSO2 Architecture Vision: Looking Ahead to Carbon 5 and Stratos 2 and Beyond, Afkham Azeez, WSO2 director of architecture
- Sharpening the Spearpoint: Empowering the Edge Through SOA, Adam Firestone, WSO2 director of defense and government solutions
- Enterprise Identity Management and Security: Patterns and Practices, Prabath Siriwardena, WSO2 senior software architect
- Scalable Persistent Message Brokering with WSO2 Message Broker, Dr. Srinath Perera, WSO2 senior software architect
- Expanding your Business with APIs, Sumedha Rubasinghe, WSO2 software architect
- WSO2 Carbon 4.0.0 Kernel Design and Architecture, Sameera Jayasoma, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Integrating People to Workflows and Applications with Human Tasks, Nandika Jayawardana, WSO2 senior technical lead
- Running Operations for Carbon and Stratos, Chamith Kumarage, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Enabling a Data-driven Agile Business, Tharindu Mathew, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Developing Enterprise Applications with the WSO2 Application Platform, Nuwan Bandara, WSO2 associate technical lead, and Anjana Fernando, WSO2 associate technical lead
- Introducing the WSO2 Enterprise Integration Platform, Miyuru Wanninayaka, WSO2 senior software engineer
- Enterprise Governance with WSO2 Governance Registry and More, Senaka Fernando, WSO2 technical lead
WSO2 is the lean enterprise middleware company. It delivers the only complete open source enterprise SOA middleware stack purpose-built as an integrated platform to support today’s heterogeneous enterprise environments—internally and in the cloud. WSO2’s service and support team is led by technical experts who have proven success in deploying enterprise SOAs and contribute to the technology standards that enable them. For more information, visit http://wso2.com, or check out the WSO2 community on the WSO2 Blog, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, and FriendFeed.
Trademarks and registered trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Software is eating the world. Companies that were not previously in the technology space now find themselves competing with Google and Amazon on speed of innovation. As the innovation cycle accelerates, companies must embrace rapid and constant change to both applications and their infrastructure, and find a way to deliver speed and agility of development without sacrificing reliability or efficiency of operations. In her Day 2 Keynote DevOps Summit, Victoria Livschitz, CEO of Qubell, discussed...
May. 6, 2015 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 4,799
“Oh, dev is dev and ops is ops, and never the twain shall meet.” With apoloies to Rudyard Kipling and all of his fans, this describes the early state of the two sides of DevOps. Yet the DevOps approach is demanded by cloud computing, as the speed, flexibility, and scalability in today's so-called “Third Platform” must not be hindered by the traditional limitations of software development and deployment. A recent report by Gartner, for example, says that 25% of Global 2000 companies will b...
May. 6, 2015 05:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,837
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to off...
May. 6, 2015 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,299
SYS-CON Events announced today that Site24x7, the cloud infrastructure monitoring service, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Site24x7 is a cloud infrastructure monitoring service that helps monitor the uptime and performance of websites, online applications, servers, mobile websites and custom APIs. The monitoring is done from 50+ locations across the world and from various wireless carr...
May. 6, 2015 05:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,578
The Workspace-as-a-Service (WaaS) market will grow to $6.4B by 2018. In his session at 16th Cloud Expo, Seth Bostock, CEO of IndependenceIT, will begin by walking the audience through the evolution of Workspace as-a-Service, where it is now vs. where it going. To look beyond the desktop we must understand exactly what WaaS is, who the users are, and where it is going in the future. IT departments, ISVs and service providers must look to workflow and automation capabilities to adapt to growing ...
May. 6, 2015 04:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,117
The speed of product development has increased massively in the past 10 years. At the same time our formal secure development and SDL methodologies have fallen behind. This forces product developers to choose between rapid release times and security. In his session at DevOps Summit, Michael Murray, Director of Cyber Security Consulting and Assessment at GE Healthcare, examined the problems and presented some solutions for moving security into the DevOps lifecycle to ensure that we get fast AND ...
May. 6, 2015 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,925
SYS-CON Events announced today that Akana, formerly SOA Software, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo® New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Akana’s comprehensive suite of API Management, API Security, Integrated SOA Governance, and Cloud Integration solutions helps businesses accelerate digital transformation by securely extending their reach across multiple channels – mobile, cloud and Internet of Thi...
May. 6, 2015 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,581
SYS-CON Events announced today that Open Data Centers (ODC), a carrier-neutral colocation provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Open Data Centers is a carrier-neutral data center operator in New Jersey and New York City offering alternative connectivity options for carriers, service providers and enterprise customers.
May. 6, 2015 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,345
Thanks to Docker, it becomes very easy to leverage containers to build, ship, and run any Linux application on any kind of infrastructure. Docker is particularly helpful for microservice architectures because their successful implementation relies on a fast, efficient deployment mechanism – which is precisely one of the features of Docker. Microservice architectures are therefore becoming more popular, and are increasingly seen as an interesting option even for smaller projects, instead of bein...
May. 6, 2015 03:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,259
SYS-CON Events announced today that Vicom Computer Services, Inc., a provider of technology and service solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. They are located at booth #427. Vicom Computer Services, Inc. is a progressive leader in the technology industry for over 30 years. Headquartered in the NY Metropolitan area. Vicom provides products and services based on today’s requirements...
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,569
SYS-CON Events announced today that Blue Box has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's DevOps Summit New York, which will take place June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Blue Box delivers Private Cloud as a Service (PCaaS) to a worldwide customer base. Built on a technology platform leveraging decades of operational expertise in cloud and distributed systems, Blue Box Cloud is a managed private cloud product available in both hosted and on-prem versions. Each Blue Box ...
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,028
BlueBox bridge the chasm between development and infrastructure. Hosting providers are taking standardization and automation too far. For many app developers it does nothing but spawn mayhem and more work. They have to figure out how their creations live on a pre-fab infrastructure solution full of constraints. Operations-as-a-Service is what BlueBox does. BlueBox utilizes development tools such as OpenStack, EMC Razor, Opscode’s Chef and BlueBox's proprietary tools give the power to do the unor...
May. 6, 2015 03:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,957
In his session at DevOps Summit, Tapabrata Pal, Director of Enterprise Architecture at Capital One, will tell a story about how Capital One has embraced Agile and DevOps Security practices across the Enterprise – driven by Enterprise Architecture; bringing in Development, Operations and Information Security organizations together. Capital Ones DevOpsSec practice is based upon three "pillars" – Shift-Left, Automate Everything, Dashboard Everything. Within about three years, from 100% waterfall, C...
May. 6, 2015 02:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,408
of cloud, colocation, managed services and disaster recovery solutions, will exhibit at SYS-CON's 16th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. TierPoint, LLC, is a leading national provider of information technology and data center services, including cloud, colocation, disaster recovery and managed IT services, with corporate headquarters in St. Louis, MO. TierPoint was formed through the strategic combination of some of t...
May. 6, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,278
“We are a managed services company. We have taken the key aspects of the cloud and the purposed data center and merged the two together and launched the Purposed Cloud about 18–24 months ago," explained Chetan Patwardhan, CEO of Stratogent, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 15th Cloud Expo, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 6, 2015 01:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,190
SYS-CON Events announced today Sematext Group, Inc., a Brooklyn-based Performance Monitoring and Log Management solution provider, will exhibit at SYS-CON's DevOps Summit 2015 New York, which will take place on June 9-11, 2015, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Sematext is a globally distributed organization that builds innovative Cloud and On Premises solutions for performance monitoring, alerting and anomaly detection (SPM), log management and analytics (Logsene), search analytics (S...
May. 6, 2015 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 4,310
"Blue Box has been around for 10-11 years, and last year we launched Blue Box Cloud. We like the term 'Private Cloud as a Service' because we think that embodies what we are launching as a product - it's a managed hosted private cloud," explained Giles Frith, Vice President of Customer Operations at Blue Box, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps Summit, held Nov 4–6, 2014, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
May. 6, 2015 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 3,786
SYS-CON Media announced today that Blue Box as launched a popular blog feed on Cloud Computing Journal. Cloud Computing Journal aims to help open the eyes of Enterprise IT professionals to the economics and strategies that utility/cloud computing provides. Blue Box Cloud gives you unequaled agility, without the burden of designing, deploying and managing your own infrastructure. It’s the right choice when public cloud just won’t do. Blue Box Cloud is a managed Private Cloud as a Service (...
May. 6, 2015 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,018
It was just two years ago, in March of 2013, that the PaaS company dotCloud decided to open-source its container technology under the name "Docker." Docker quickly became a hit, with Docker Meetups spawning weekly worldwide and downloads occurring at record-breaking rates. The dotCloud team quickly changed direction, renamed the company "Docker," and brought in new CEO Ben Golub in July 2013 to lead the new business model. At the time, Docker was about a twenty-person company. Fast-forward to to...
May. 5, 2015 11:30 PM EDT Reads: 963
We’re living in exciting but demanding technological times. Big Data, Internet of Things, Apple Watch, ubiquitous computing, smart machines, robotics, and home automation . . . things that were the talk of science fiction only a few short years ago are on every CIOs wish list today. But to the point, the revolution in technology has led to major shifts in how organizations today ideate, plan, develop, and deploy software solutions. It used to be that software release cycles would take upwards of...
May. 5, 2015 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,105