|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- [Cloud Expo] -- SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions today announced the launch of the first Enterprise API Platform, to help enterprises reach new channels and gain business advantage, throughout all stages of the API lifecycle. The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. With this solution enterprises can finally take advantage of the opportunities APIs present while protecting their security and brand integrity.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is the first platform to address the API needs of large enterprises:
- It offers support for the full API lifecycle from planning and development through operations and community management
- It is enterprise-class -- SOA Software has been delivering software and services solutions to large enterprise IT for years and our products meet enterprise requirements, including security, integration with existing infrastructure, performance and reliability, and much more
- It creates a Social Developer Community -- other solutions offer API or Developer portals, but they don't provide the social aspects to drive the network effect for API and App promotion across all developers in a community
- It enables federation between enterprise and Open communities allowing enterprise customers to promote their APIs through an open API marketplace
- It offers multiple deployment options -- the platform is available as on-premise software, managed hosted software, Open (free) PaaS, Enterprise PaaS and a hybrid of these choices
Other solutions only address a small sub-section of the overall requirements; focusing solely on API monitoring, or API security with no developer community capabilities; or offering only cloud or on-premise deployment options but not both. None of the other vendors in the market offer an adequate solution for managing the lifecycle of APIs, this is critical for any serious API initiative, especially for large enterprises with brands to protect. Furthermore, other solutions typically ignore existing investments in SOA platforms and SOA Governance despite the fact that most enterprise APIs will be built on top of existing SOA services. The Enterprise API Platform provides a comprehensive solution addressing all of these requirements and offering optional seamless integration with existing SOA Governance infrastructure and services to ensure end-to-end security, monitoring, management and impact analysis.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is designed to allow organizations to meet strong privacy policies and comply with SEC requirements, the Frank Dodd Act, the Information Protection Act, the Safeguards Rule and other regulatory requirements commonly used to protect information. It offers integration with enterprise identity and security infrastructure, enabling API security models including OpenId and OAuth. This ensures that App developers and end users remain subject to existing security and privacy policies and requirements.
"The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform's powerful combination of API Management and an innovative social Developer Community will drive developer adoption and open new business channels," said Kin Lane, API Evangelist. "This unique solution enables customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs and promote them across new or existing groups of developers."
The Enterprise API Platform is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers. The deployment options are:
- On-premise software -- Deploy all or part of the Enterprise API Platform in your own datacenters. The platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager.
- Managed hosting -- SOA Software will host your software solution in a private managed datacenter allowing you to take advantage of rapid start up and ease of maintenance while maintaining control of your solution and protecting your security and brand integrity.
- Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service -- Take advantage of the industry's most robust API and Developer Community Management capabilities offered as a service running across a global network of enterprise-class datacenters.
- Open API Developer Platform -- Publish your own APIs or connect with existing APIs through the free, public Open community.
The Enterprise API Platform provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly.
"Our Enterprise API Platform offers customers for the first time a game changing technology solution that will help drive the adoption of their APIs in highly competitive markets," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "We see the creation and nurturing of robust developer communities as critical to API success."
The new SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager products. Key features include:
- Developer Community -- Take advantage of the viral power of the web with a solution that provides a connecting point where you can manage, share and promote your APIs in a secure, scalable environment. You can manage your own developer community, or plug-in to communities that already exist.
- API Lifecycle Management -- Define your API strategy according to business goals, maximize benefits and minimize risk, and automate the heavy lifting to help you build and run your APIs.
- API Publishing -- Publish your API and define the API at whatever level of detail you choose, using privacy settings to determine whether or not you want the platform to index your API content (name, description, docs, discussions and tickets) so that developers can easily find it, or find supporting information to help them use it.
- API Proxies -- Proxy your API to add security, monitoring, provisioning, QoS management and more. Or simply use the Open developer community to provide the social and search features you need.
- Documentation -- Leverage a dynamic documentation framework to build interactive documents for your API, create and upload your own documents, or use a combination of the two.
- API Security -- Secure your APIs via a wide array of authentication schemes, standards, and token types, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users. This includes comprehensive support for OAuth and other security standards, with deep integration with existing enterprise security solutions.
- Traffic Monitoring -- See how your API or App is performing and where your traffic is coming from with our real-time dashboard, historic charts and reports.
- QoS Management - Ensure quality-of-service for your APIs, managing quotas and service-levels for individual Apps.
- App Management & Provisioning -- Manage which applications can use your APIs, and how much traffic they can consume. This includes managing the App to API provisioning workflow, sandbox and production endpoint access, legal agreement acceptance and per App QoS policies.
Pricing and Availability
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is available now. It offers a comprehensive set of features, platform support, and deployment options. Pricing is based on throughput. Please contact SOA Software for details.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
Admittedly, two years ago I was a bulk contributor to the DevOps noise with conversations rooted in the movement around culture, principles, and goals. And while all of these elements of DevOps environments are important, I’ve found that the biggest challenge now is a lack of understanding as to why DevOps is beneficial. It’s getting the wheels going, or just taking the next step. The best way to start on the road to change is to take a look at the companies that have already made great headway ...
May. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,585
Last week I had the pleasure of speaking on a panel at Sapphire Ventures Next-Gen Tech Stack Forum in San Francisco. Obviously, I was excited to join the discussion, but as a participant the event crystallized not only where the larger software development market is relative to microservices, container technologies (like Docker), continuous integration and deployment; but also provided insight into where DevOps is heading in the coming years.
May. 24, 2016 07:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,379
Agile teams report the lowest rate of measuring non-functional requirements. What does this mean for the evolution of quality in this era of Continuous Everything? To explore how the rise of SDLC acceleration trends such as Agile, DevOps, and Continuous Delivery are impacting software quality, Parasoft conducted a survey about measuring and monitoring non-functional requirements (NFRs). Here's a glimpse at what we discovered and what it means for the evolution of quality in this era of Continuo...
May. 24, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,361
You might already know them from theagileadmin.com, but let me introduce you to two of the leading minds in the Rugged DevOps movement: James Wickett and Ernest Mueller. Both James and Ernest are active leaders in the DevOps space, in addition to helping organize events such as DevOpsDays Austinand LASCON. Our conversation covered a lot of bases from the founding of Rugged DevOps to aligning organizational silos to lessons learned from W. Edwards Demings.
May. 24, 2016 06:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,287
SYS-CON Events announced today BZ Media LLC has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. BZ Media LLC is a high-tech media company that produces technical conferences and expositions, and publishes a magazine, newsletters and websites in the software development, SharePoint, mobile development and Commercial Drone markets.
May. 24, 2016 06:00 AM EDT Reads: 3,355
When I talk about driving innovation with self-organizing teams, I emphasize that such self-organization includes expecting the participants to organize their own teams, give themselves their own goals, and determine for themselves how to measure their success. In contrast, the definition of skunkworks points out that members of such teams are “usually specially selected.” Good thing he added the word usually – because specially selecting such teams throws a wrench in the entire works, limiting...
May. 24, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,406
SYS-CON Events announced today TechTarget has been named “Media Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 18th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on June 7–9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY, and the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. TechTarget is the Web’s leading destination for serious technology buyers researching and making enterprise technology decisions. Its extensive global networ...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,984
Application development and delivery methods have undergone radical changes in recent years to improve scalability and resiliency. Container images are the new build and deployment artifacts that are used to ship and run software. While startups have long been comfortable experimenting with and embracing new technologies, even large enterprises are now re-architecting their software systems so that they can benefit from container-enabled micro services architectures. With the launch of DC/OS, w...
May. 24, 2016 04:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,279
Earlier this week, we hosted a Continuous Discussion (#c9d9) on Continuous Delivery (CD) automation and orchestration, featuring expert panelists Dondee Tan, Test Architect at Alaska Air, Taco Bakker, a LEAN Six Sigma black belt focusing on CD, and our own Sam Fell and Anders Wallgren. During this episode, we discussed the differences between CD automation and orchestration, their challenges with setting up CD pipelines and some of the common chokepoints, as well as some best practices and tips...
May. 24, 2016 03:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,200
As AT&Ts VP of Domain 2.0 architecture writes one aspect of their Domain 2.0 strategy is a goal to embrace a Microservices Application Architecture. One page 9 they describe how these envisage them fitting into the ECOMP architecture: "The initial steps of the recipes include a homing and placement task using constraints specified in the requests. ‘Homing and Placement' are micro-services involving orchestration, inventory, and controllers responsible for infrastructure, network, and applicati...
May. 24, 2016 02:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,545
Automation is a critical component of DevOps and Continuous Delivery. This morning on #c9d9 we discussed CD Automation and how you can apply Automation to accelerate release cycles, improve quality, safety and governance? What is the difference between Automation and Orchestration? Where should you begin your journey to introduce both?
May. 24, 2016 01:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,214
While there has been much ado about interoperability, there are still no real solutions, same as last year and the year before that. The large EHR vendors who continue to dominate the market still maintain that interoperability is all but solved, still can't connect EHRs across the continuum causing frustration by providers and a disservice to patients. The ONC pays lip service to the problem, but that is about it. It is time for the healthcare industry to consider alternatives like middleware w...
May. 23, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,397
SYS-CON Events announced today the Docker Meets Kubernetes – Intro into the Kubernetes World, being held June 9, 2016, in conjunction with 18th Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo, at the Javits Center in New York, NY. Register for 'Docker Meets Kubernetes Workshop' Here! This workshop led by Sebastian Scheele, co-founder of Loodse, introduces participants to Kubernetes (container orchestration). Through a combination of instructor-led presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs, participants learn ...
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,770
The pace of innovation, vendor lock-in, production sustainability, cost-effectiveness, and managing risk… In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, Dan Choquette, Founder of RackN, will discuss how CIOs are challenged finding the balance of finding the right tools, technology and operational model that serves the business the best. He will discuss how clouds, open source software and infrastructure solutions have benefits but also drawbacks and how workload and operational portability between vendors...
May. 23, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,712
With major technology companies and startups seriously embracing IoT strategies, now is the perfect time to attend @ThingsExpo 2016 in New York and Silicon Valley. Learn what is going on, contribute to the discussions, and ensure that your enterprise is as "IoT-Ready" as it can be! Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place Nov 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with 17th Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty ...
May. 23, 2016 05:00 PM EDT Reads: 4,600
Our CTO, Anders Wallgren, recently sat down to take part in the “B2B Nation: IT” podcast — the series dedicated to serving the IT professional community with expert opinions and advice on the world of information technology. Listen to the great conversation, where Anders shares his thoughts on DevOps lessons from large enterprises, the growth of microservices and containers, and more.
May. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,413
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit y...
May. 23, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,809
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo New York Call for Papers is now open.
May. 23, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,651
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 7-9, 2016 at Javits Center, New York City, and Nov 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 18th International @CloudExpo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world.
May. 23, 2016 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,223
A strange thing is happening along the way to the Internet of Things, namely far too many devices to work with and manage. It has become clear that we'll need much higher efficiency user experiences that can allow us to more easily and scalably work with the thousands of devices that will soon be in each of our lives. Enter the conversational interface revolution, combining bots we can literally talk with, gesture to, and even direct with our thoughts, with embedded artificial intelligence, wh...
May. 23, 2016 12:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,783