|By Marketwired .||
|November 5, 2012 11:00 AM EST||
SANTA CLARA, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/05/12 -- [Cloud Expo] -- SOA Software, a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA Governance solutions today announced the launch of the first Enterprise API Platform, to help enterprises reach new channels and gain business advantage, throughout all stages of the API lifecycle. The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is the first solution to address enterprise requirements across the entire API lifecycle, with planning, development, runtime and community management capabilities. With this solution enterprises can finally take advantage of the opportunities APIs present while protecting their security and brand integrity.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is the first platform to address the API needs of large enterprises:
- It offers support for the full API lifecycle from planning and development through operations and community management
- It is enterprise-class -- SOA Software has been delivering software and services solutions to large enterprise IT for years and our products meet enterprise requirements, including security, integration with existing infrastructure, performance and reliability, and much more
- It creates a Social Developer Community -- other solutions offer API or Developer portals, but they don't provide the social aspects to drive the network effect for API and App promotion across all developers in a community
- It enables federation between enterprise and Open communities allowing enterprise customers to promote their APIs through an open API marketplace
- It offers multiple deployment options -- the platform is available as on-premise software, managed hosted software, Open (free) PaaS, Enterprise PaaS and a hybrid of these choices
Other solutions only address a small sub-section of the overall requirements; focusing solely on API monitoring, or API security with no developer community capabilities; or offering only cloud or on-premise deployment options but not both. None of the other vendors in the market offer an adequate solution for managing the lifecycle of APIs, this is critical for any serious API initiative, especially for large enterprises with brands to protect. Furthermore, other solutions typically ignore existing investments in SOA platforms and SOA Governance despite the fact that most enterprise APIs will be built on top of existing SOA services. The Enterprise API Platform provides a comprehensive solution addressing all of these requirements and offering optional seamless integration with existing SOA Governance infrastructure and services to ensure end-to-end security, monitoring, management and impact analysis.
SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform is designed to allow organizations to meet strong privacy policies and comply with SEC requirements, the Frank Dodd Act, the Information Protection Act, the Safeguards Rule and other regulatory requirements commonly used to protect information. It offers integration with enterprise identity and security infrastructure, enabling API security models including OpenId and OAuth. This ensures that App developers and end users remain subject to existing security and privacy policies and requirements.
"The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform's powerful combination of API Management and an innovative social Developer Community will drive developer adoption and open new business channels," said Kin Lane, API Evangelist. "This unique solution enables customers to manage the entire lifecycle of their APIs and promote them across new or existing groups of developers."
The Enterprise API Platform is available as an on-premise software solution, as-a-service, via an Open developer community as-a-service, or using a combination of any of these options. For example, a customer could choose to run the lifecycle management components of the solution as on-premises software, use the commercial PaaS offering to host and manage their APIs, and federate with the Open developer community to publish their public APIs to an established group of App developers. The deployment options are:
- On-premise software -- Deploy all or part of the Enterprise API Platform in your own datacenters. The platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager.
- Managed hosting -- SOA Software will host your software solution in a private managed datacenter allowing you to take advantage of rapid start up and ease of maintenance while maintaining control of your solution and protecting your security and brand integrity.
- Enterprise API Platform-as-a-Service -- Take advantage of the industry's most robust API and Developer Community Management capabilities offered as a service running across a global network of enterprise-class datacenters.
- Open API Developer Platform -- Publish your own APIs or connect with existing APIs through the free, public Open community.
The Enterprise API Platform provides a rich set of API Management capabilities to ensure the security, performance and availability of APIs, together with a social developer community solution for promoting and supporting the APIs and driving developer adoption. It provides end-to-end management of the API lifecycle, helping you make sure that you build the right APIs, build them the right way, and make sure that they are behaving correctly.
"Our Enterprise API Platform offers customers for the first time a game changing technology solution that will help drive the adoption of their APIs in highly competitive markets," said Alistair Farquharson, CTO of SOA Software. "We see the creation and nurturing of robust developer communities as critical to API success."
The new SOA Software's Enterprise API Platform includes SOA Software's industry-leading Community Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Policy Manager, and Service Manager products. Key features include:
- Developer Community -- Take advantage of the viral power of the web with a solution that provides a connecting point where you can manage, share and promote your APIs in a secure, scalable environment. You can manage your own developer community, or plug-in to communities that already exist.
- API Lifecycle Management -- Define your API strategy according to business goals, maximize benefits and minimize risk, and automate the heavy lifting to help you build and run your APIs.
- API Publishing -- Publish your API and define the API at whatever level of detail you choose, using privacy settings to determine whether or not you want the platform to index your API content (name, description, docs, discussions and tickets) so that developers can easily find it, or find supporting information to help them use it.
- API Proxies -- Proxy your API to add security, monitoring, provisioning, QoS management and more. Or simply use the Open developer community to provide the social and search features you need.
- Documentation -- Leverage a dynamic documentation framework to build interactive documents for your API, create and upload your own documents, or use a combination of the two.
- API Security -- Secure your APIs via a wide array of authentication schemes, standards, and token types, protecting sensitive data while allowing access to authorized Apps and users. This includes comprehensive support for OAuth and other security standards, with deep integration with existing enterprise security solutions.
- Traffic Monitoring -- See how your API or App is performing and where your traffic is coming from with our real-time dashboard, historic charts and reports.
- QoS Management - Ensure quality-of-service for your APIs, managing quotas and service-levels for individual Apps.
- App Management & Provisioning -- Manage which applications can use your APIs, and how much traffic they can consume. This includes managing the App to API provisioning workflow, sandbox and production endpoint access, legal agreement acceptance and per App QoS policies.
Pricing and Availability
The SOA Software Enterprise API Platform is available now. It offers a comprehensive set of features, platform support, and deployment options. Pricing is based on throughput. Please contact SOA Software for details.
About SOA Software
SOA Software is a leading provider of Enterprise API Management and SOA governance products that enable customers to plan, build, run and share enterprise services and APIs. The world's largest companies including Bank of America, Pfizer, and Verizon use SOA Software products to harness the power of their technology and transform their businesses. Gartner placed SOA Software in the Leaders Quadrant for the 2011 "Magic Quadrant for SOA Governance Technologies." The company is also recognized as a "Leader" by the Forrester Research Waves for Integrated SOA Governance, SOA Management, and SOA Life Cycle Management. For more information, please visit http://www.soa.com.
All product and company names herein may be trademarks of their registered owners.
SOA Software, Community Manager, Policy Manager, Portfolio Manager, Lifecycle Manager, Service Manager, API Manager, and SOLA are trademarks of SOA Software, Inc.
Logs are continuous digital records of events generated by all components of your software stack – and they’re everywhere – your networks, servers, applications, containers and cloud infrastructure just to name a few. The data logs provide are like an X-ray for your IT infrastructure. Without logs, this lack of visibility creates operational challenges for managing modern applications that drive today’s digital businesses.
Dec. 8, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,786
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 2,243
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:45 PM EST Reads: 1,838
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 PM EST Reads: 1,962
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 8, 2016 04:15 PM EST Reads: 2,308
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 8, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 1,185
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 1,191
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:15 PM EST Reads: 733
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,247
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 8, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 2,198
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 8, 2016 10:00 AM EST Reads: 632
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 8, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 969
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:45 AM EST Reads: 1,897
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 8, 2016 08:30 AM EST Reads: 859
Kubernetes is a new and revolutionary open-sourced system for managing containers across multiple hosts in a cluster. Ansible is a simple IT automation tool for just about any requirement for reproducible environments. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Patrick Galbraith, a principal engineer at HPE, discussed how to build a fully functional Kubernetes cluster on a number of virtual machines or bare-metal hosts. Also included will be a brief demonstration of running a Galera MyS...
Dec. 8, 2016 07:30 AM EST Reads: 5,411
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Dec. 8, 2016 06:15 AM EST Reads: 5,929
As we enter the final week before the 19th International Cloud Expo | @ThingsExpo in Santa Clara, CA, it's time for me to reflect on six big topics that will be important during the show. Hybrid Cloud: This general-purpose term seems to provide a comfort zone for many enterprise IT managers. It sounds reassuring to be able to work with one of the major public-cloud providers like AWS or Microsoft Azure while still maintaining an on-site presence.
Dec. 8, 2016 04:30 AM EST Reads: 2,949
Between 2005 and 2020, data volumes will grow by a factor of 300 – enough data to stack CDs from the earth to the moon 162 times. This has come to be known as the ‘big data’ phenomenon. Unfortunately, traditional approaches to handling, storing and analyzing data aren’t adequate at this scale: they’re too costly, slow and physically cumbersome to keep up. Fortunately, in response a new breed of technology has emerged that is cheaper, faster and more scalable. Yet, in meeting these new needs they...
Dec. 8, 2016 01:30 AM EST Reads: 1,943
In his general session at 19th Cloud Expo, Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, discussed how Dice leverages data insights and tools to help both tech professionals and recruiters better understand how skills relate to each other and which skills are in high demand using interactive visualizations and salary indicator tools to maximize earning potential. Manish Dixit is VP of Product and Engineering at Dice. As the leader of the Product, Engineering and Data Sciences team at D...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 1,185
I’m a huge fan of open source DevOps tools. I’m also a huge fan of scaling open source tools for the enterprise. But having talked with my fair share of companies over the years, one important thing I’ve learned is that you can’t scale your release process using open source tools alone. They simply require too much scripting and maintenance when used that way. Scripting may be fine for smaller organizations, but it’s not ok in an enterprise environment that includes many independent teams and to...
Dec. 8, 2016 12:30 AM EST Reads: 743