|By PR Newswire||
|May 4, 2011 10:00 AM EDT||
HOPKINTON, Mass., May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC to host 10,000+ attendees at the 11th annual EMC® World Conference in Las Vegas, with a focus on helping organizations take advantage of the major trends transforming IT.
- The key theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of today's most significant IT trends converge, providing significant new business value to IT professionals accelerating their journey to the cloud.
- Comprehensive event includes keynotes from industry leaders, more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs and exhibits from 100 of the leading IT vendors.
- EMC will also host the world's first Data Scientist Summit at EMC World, bringing together data scientists to discuss the big opportunities Big Data represents.
- EMC World is also home to Momentum 2011, the industry's largest gathering of enterprise content management experts, as well as the inaugural CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host its 11th annual EMC World conference for more than 10,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts from around the globe from May 9-12 at The Venetian in Las Vegas. This year's theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of the most significant technology trends today provide IT professionals with the opportunity to not only transform IT, but also transform their business. On Cloud computing, the focus is on accelerating the journey - leveraging service provider and hybrid technologies along the way. On Big Data, the focus is managing petabyte scale data volumes, extracting value from this data through analytics and ensuring that the information is delivered, in a timely fashion, to those who need it.
- Keynote presentations from top EMC and industry executives, including Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; and Pat Gelsinger, EMC's President of Information Infrastructure Products, who will outline the EMC, VMware and industry views of the future enabled by cloud computing and Big Data. For a full list of keynotes visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- More than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to help attendees realize more value out of their existing EMC infrastructure, accelerate their careers, be more successful in leveraging the advantages of the cloud and extract more business value from their Big Data. For a full list of breakout sessions visit: https://www.emcworldonline.com/2011/scheduler/catalog/catalog.jsp.
- The world's first Data Scientist Summit, bringing together nearly 500 data scientists and leaders from industry and academia to exchange ideas and explore their potential to change business and society in unprecedented ways through strategic insight into data. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the largest gathering focused on enterprise content management and archiving where more than 600 attendees will learn how the cloud is transforming critical business processes at more than 100 educational sessions and demonstrations. For full details visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm
- An exclusive CIO Summit, hosted by Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services and Sanjay Mirchandani, EMC's Chief Information Officer and COO, Global Centers of Excellence. It will bring together corporate CIOs and senior executives as well as industry leaders, including Michael Capellas, Chairman and CEO of VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company. Among several topics that will be covered are trust in the cloud and how Big Data will change the way customers create business value from information.
- The Big Data Storage Summit will present and explore new perspectives and challenge current theories on how to extract the most value from the world's data. Summit attendees will also learn how the industry can equip current and future data scientists with the tools, education and resources they need to succeed.
- The EMC World exhibit floor will also host an interactive demonstration of the VEX Robotics Competition. EMC-sponsored VEX teams of middle and high school students, with guidance from teachers and mentors, have built innovative robots and will compete against other teams at the EMC World 2011 competition.
"Last year we challenged IT professionals to begin their journey to the Cloud, this year we'll explain how they can accelerate it. But we're not stopping at Cloud. Once the IT infrastructure has been transformed into a fluid, dynamic and agile resource it's ready to transform the business -- and that's what Big Data is all about. Big Data represents big opportunity for everyone."
Jeremy Burton, EMC's Chief Marketing Officer
Follow EMC World Online
To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit www.emc.com/emcworld2011
Video replays of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions will be available to EMC's Facebook fans at facebook.com/emccorp shortly after the live presentation.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
SYS-CON Events announced today that LeaseWeb USA, a cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) provider, will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. LeaseWeb is one of the world's largest hosting brands. The company helps customers define, develop and deploy IT infrastructure tailored to their exact business needs, by combining various kinds cloud solutions.
Jul. 26, 2016 10:15 AM EDT Reads: 1,179
Adding public cloud resources to an existing application can be a daunting process. The tools that you currently use to manage the software and hardware outside the cloud aren’t always the best tools to efficiently grow into the cloud. All of the major configuration management tools have cloud orchestration plugins that can be leveraged, but there are also cloud-native tools that can dramatically improve the efficiency of managing your application lifecycle. In his session at 18th Cloud Expo, ...
Jul. 26, 2016 10:00 AM EDT Reads: 986
Ovum, a leading technology analyst firm, has published an in-depth report, Ovum Decision Matrix: Selecting a DevOps Release Management Solution, 2016–17. The report focuses on the automation aspects of DevOps, Release Management and compares solutions from the leading vendors.
Jul. 26, 2016 09:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,694
SYS-CON Events announced today that Venafi, the Immune System for the Internet™ and the leading provider of Next Generation Trust Protection, will exhibit at @DevOpsSummit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Venafi is the Immune System for the Internet™ that protects the foundation of all cybersecurity – cryptographic keys and digital certificates – so they can’t be misused by bad guys in attacks...
Jul. 26, 2016 08:45 AM EDT Reads: 1,313
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2016 Silicon Valley. The 19th Cloud Expo and 6th @ThingsExpo will take place on November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Interne...
Jul. 26, 2016 05:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,112
DevOps at Cloud Expo – being held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the world's largest enterprises – and delivering real results. Am...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:45 AM EDT Reads: 2,215
The 19th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Digital Transformation, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportuni...
Jul. 26, 2016 01:15 AM EDT Reads: 2,549
This digest provides an overview of good resources that are well worth reading. We’ll be updating this page as new content becomes available, so I suggest you bookmark it. Also, expect more digests to come on different topics that make all of our IT-hearts go boom!
Jul. 26, 2016 12:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,634
Keeping pace with advancements in software delivery processes and tooling is taxing even for the most proficient organizations. Point tools, platforms, open source and the increasing adoption of private and public cloud services requires strong engineering rigor – all in the face of developer demands to use the tools of choice. As Agile has settled in as a mainstream practice, now DevOps has emerged as the next wave to improve software delivery speed and output. To make DevOps work, organization...
Jul. 26, 2016 12:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,168
SYS-CON Events announced today that Isomorphic Software will exhibit at DevOps Summit at 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Isomorphic Software provides the SmartClient HTML5/AJAX platform, the most advanced technology for building rich, cutting-edge enterprise web applications for desktop and mobile. SmartClient combines the productivity and performance of traditional desktop software with the simp...
Jul. 25, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,065
Internet of @ThingsExpo, taking place November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, is co-located with the 19th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world and ThingsExpo Silicon Valley Call for Papers is now open.
Jul. 25, 2016 10:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,532
In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Yoseph Reuveni, Director of Software Engineering at Jet.com, will discuss Jet.com's journey into containerizing Microsoft-based technologies like C# and F# into Docker. He will talk about lessons learned and challenges faced, the Mono framework tryout and how they deployed everything into Azure cloud. Yoseph Reuveni is a technology leader with unique experience developing and running high throughput (over 1M tps) distributed systems with extre...
Jul. 25, 2016 07:15 PM EDT Reads: 2,125
This is a no-hype, pragmatic post about why I think you should consider architecting your next project the way SOA and/or microservices suggest. No matter if it’s a greenfield approach or if you’re in dire need of refactoring. Please note: considering still keeps open the option of not taking that approach. After reading this, you will have a better idea about whether building multiple small components instead of a single, large component makes sense for your project. This post assumes that you...
Jul. 25, 2016 03:30 AM EDT Reads: 4,095
The Internet of Things will challenge the status quo of how IT and development organizations operate. Or will it? Certainly the fog layer of IoT requires special insights about data ontology, security and transactional integrity. But the developmental challenges are the same: People, Process and Platform and how we integrate our thinking to solve complicated problems. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Craig Sproule, CEO of Metavine, will demonstrate how to move beyond today's coding paradigm ...
Jul. 24, 2016 09:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,157
Jul. 24, 2016 06:30 PM EDT Reads: 3,819
Right off the bat, Newman advises that we should "think of microservices as a specific approach for SOA in the same way that XP or Scrum are specific approaches for Agile Software development". These analogies are very interesting because my expectation was that microservices is a pattern. So I might infer that microservices is a set of process techniques as opposed to an architectural approach. Yet in the book, Newman clearly includes some elements of concept model and architecture as well as p...
Jul. 24, 2016 01:45 PM EDT Reads: 9,529
"We provide DevOps solutions. We also partner with some key players in the DevOps space and we use the technology that we partner with to engineer custom solutions for different organizations," stated Himanshu Chhetri, CTO of Addteq, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at DevOps at 18th Cloud Expo, held June 7-9, 2016, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY.
Jul. 24, 2016 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,633
Let's just nip the conflation of these terms in the bud, shall we?
"MIcro" is big these days. Both microservices and microsegmentation are having and will continue to have an impact on data center architecture, but not necessarily for the same reasons. There's a growing trend in which folks - particularly those with a network background - conflate the two and use them to mean the same thing.
They are not.
One is about the application. The other, the network. T...
Jul. 24, 2016 04:15 AM EDT Reads: 3,369
If you are within a stones throw of the DevOps marketplace you have undoubtably noticed the growing trend in Microservices. Whether you have been staying up to date with the latest articles and blogs or you just read the definition for the first time, these 5 Microservices Resources You Need In Your Life will guide you through the ins and outs of Microservices in today’s world.
Jul. 24, 2016 12:45 AM EDT Reads: 3,878
Before becoming a developer, I was in the high school band. I played several brass instruments - including French horn and cornet - as well as keyboards in the jazz stage band. A musician and a nerd, what can I say? I even dabbled in writing music for the band. Okay, mostly I wrote arrangements of pop music, so the band could keep the crowd entertained during Friday night football games. What struck me then was that, to write parts for all the instruments - brass, woodwind, percussion, even k...
Jul. 24, 2016 12:30 AM EDT Reads: 2,166