|By PR Newswire||
|May 4, 2011 10:00 AM EDT||
HOPKINTON, Mass., May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC to host 10,000+ attendees at the 11th annual EMC® World Conference in Las Vegas, with a focus on helping organizations take advantage of the major trends transforming IT.
- The key theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of today's most significant IT trends converge, providing significant new business value to IT professionals accelerating their journey to the cloud.
- Comprehensive event includes keynotes from industry leaders, more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs and exhibits from 100 of the leading IT vendors.
- EMC will also host the world's first Data Scientist Summit at EMC World, bringing together data scientists to discuss the big opportunities Big Data represents.
- EMC World is also home to Momentum 2011, the industry's largest gathering of enterprise content management experts, as well as the inaugural CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host its 11th annual EMC World conference for more than 10,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts from around the globe from May 9-12 at The Venetian in Las Vegas. This year's theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of the most significant technology trends today provide IT professionals with the opportunity to not only transform IT, but also transform their business. On Cloud computing, the focus is on accelerating the journey - leveraging service provider and hybrid technologies along the way. On Big Data, the focus is managing petabyte scale data volumes, extracting value from this data through analytics and ensuring that the information is delivered, in a timely fashion, to those who need it.
- Keynote presentations from top EMC and industry executives, including Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; and Pat Gelsinger, EMC's President of Information Infrastructure Products, who will outline the EMC, VMware and industry views of the future enabled by cloud computing and Big Data. For a full list of keynotes visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- More than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to help attendees realize more value out of their existing EMC infrastructure, accelerate their careers, be more successful in leveraging the advantages of the cloud and extract more business value from their Big Data. For a full list of breakout sessions visit: https://www.emcworldonline.com/2011/scheduler/catalog/catalog.jsp.
- The world's first Data Scientist Summit, bringing together nearly 500 data scientists and leaders from industry and academia to exchange ideas and explore their potential to change business and society in unprecedented ways through strategic insight into data. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the largest gathering focused on enterprise content management and archiving where more than 600 attendees will learn how the cloud is transforming critical business processes at more than 100 educational sessions and demonstrations. For full details visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm
- An exclusive CIO Summit, hosted by Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services and Sanjay Mirchandani, EMC's Chief Information Officer and COO, Global Centers of Excellence. It will bring together corporate CIOs and senior executives as well as industry leaders, including Michael Capellas, Chairman and CEO of VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company. Among several topics that will be covered are trust in the cloud and how Big Data will change the way customers create business value from information.
- The Big Data Storage Summit will present and explore new perspectives and challenge current theories on how to extract the most value from the world's data. Summit attendees will also learn how the industry can equip current and future data scientists with the tools, education and resources they need to succeed.
- The EMC World exhibit floor will also host an interactive demonstration of the VEX Robotics Competition. EMC-sponsored VEX teams of middle and high school students, with guidance from teachers and mentors, have built innovative robots and will compete against other teams at the EMC World 2011 competition.
"Last year we challenged IT professionals to begin their journey to the Cloud, this year we'll explain how they can accelerate it. But we're not stopping at Cloud. Once the IT infrastructure has been transformed into a fluid, dynamic and agile resource it's ready to transform the business -- and that's what Big Data is all about. Big Data represents big opportunity for everyone."
Jeremy Burton, EMC's Chief Marketing Officer
Follow EMC World Online
To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit www.emc.com/emcworld2011
Video replays of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions will be available to EMC's Facebook fans at facebook.com/emccorp shortly after the live presentation.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
A completely new computing platform is on the horizon. They’re called Microservers by some, ARM Servers by others, and sometimes even ARM-based Servers. No matter what you call them, Microservers will have a huge impact on the data center and on server computing in general. Although few people are familiar with Microservers today, their impact will be felt very soon. This is a new category of computing platform that is available today and is predicted to have triple-digit growth rates for some ...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 33,925
In many organizations governance is still practiced by phase or stage gate peer review, and Agile projects are forced to accommodate, which leads to WaterScrumFall or worse. But governance criteria and policies are often very weak anyway, out of date or non-existent. Consequently governance is frequently a matter of opinion and experience, highly dependent upon the experience of individual reviewers. As we all know, a basic principle of Agile methods is delegation of responsibility, and ideally ...
Oct. 22, 2016 11:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,203
SYS-CON Events announced today that SoftNet Solutions will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. SoftNet Solutions specializes in Enterprise Solutions for Hadoop and Big Data. It offers customers the most open, robust, and value-conscious portfolio of solutions, services, and tools for the shortest route to success with Big Data. The unique differentiator is the ability to architect and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 10:15 PM EDT Reads: 641
@DevOpsSummit has been named the ‘Top DevOps Influencer' by iTrend. iTrend processes millions of conversations, tweets, interactions, news articles, press releases, blog posts - and extract meaning form them and analyzes mobile and desktop software platforms used to communicate, various metadata (such as geo location), and automation tools. In overall placement, @DevOpsSummit ranked as the number one ‘DevOps Influencer' followed by @CloudExpo at third, and @MicroservicesE at 24th.
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,893
SYS-CON Events announced today that Enzu will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Enzu’s mission is to be the leading provider of enterprise cloud solutions worldwide. Enzu enables online businesses to use its IT infrastructure to their competitive advantage. By offering a suite of proven hosting and management services, Enzu wants companies to focus on the core of their online busine...
Oct. 22, 2016 09:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,252
Enterprise IT has been in the era of Hybrid Cloud for some time now. But it seems most conversations about Hybrid are focused on integrating AWS, Microsoft Azure, or Google ECM into existing on-premises systems. Where is all the Private Cloud? What do technology providers need to do to make their offerings more compelling? How should enterprise IT executives and buyers define their focus, needs, and roadmap, and communicate that clearly to the providers?
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 2,470
Analysis of 25,000 applications reveals 6.8% of packages/components used included known defects. Organizations standardizing on components between 2 - 3 years of age can decrease defect rates substantially. Open source and third-party packages/components live at the heart of high velocity software development organizations. Today, an average of 106 packages/components comprise 80 - 90% of a modern application, yet few organizations have visibility into what components are used where.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,491
SYS-CON Events announced today that Sheng Liang to Keynote at SYS-CON's 19th Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1-3, 2016 at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, California.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:30 PM EDT Reads: 1,673
So you think you are a DevOps warrior, huh? Put your money (not really, it’s free) where your metrics are and prove it by taking The Ultimate DevOps Geek Quiz Challenge, sponsored by DevOps Summit. Battle through the set of tough questions created by industry thought leaders to earn your bragging rights and win some cool prizes.
Oct. 22, 2016 08:15 PM EDT Reads: 3,786
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,821
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Eric Robertson, General Manager at CollabNet, will discuss how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Oct. 22, 2016 07:00 PM EDT Reads: 777
If you are within a stones throw of the DevOps marketplace you have undoubtably noticed the growing trend in Microservices. Whether you have been staying up to date with the latest articles and blogs or you just read the definition for the first time, these 5 Microservices Resources You Need In Your Life will guide you through the ins and outs of Microservices in today’s world.
Oct. 22, 2016 05:15 PM EDT Reads: 6,441
SYS-CON Events announced today that 910Telecom will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. Housed in the classic Denver Gas & Electric Building, 910 15th St., 910Telecom is a carrier-neutral telecom hotel located in the heart of Denver. Adjacent to CenturyLink, AT&T, and Denver Main, 910Telecom offers connectivity to all major carriers, Internet service providers, Internet backbones and ...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,587
In his general session at 18th Cloud Expo, Lee Atchison, Principal Cloud Architect and Advocate at New Relic, discussed cloud as a ‘better data center’ and how it adds new capacity (faster) and improves application availability (redundancy). The cloud is a ‘Dynamic Tool for Dynamic Apps’ and resource allocation is an integral part of your application architecture, so use only the resources you need and allocate /de-allocate resources on the fly.
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,666
For those unfamiliar, as a developer working in marketing for an infrastructure automation company, I have tried to clarify the different versions of DevOps by capitalizing the part that benefits in a given DevOps scenario. In this case we’re talking about operations improvements. While devs – particularly those involved in automation or DevOps will find it interesting, it really talks to growing issues Operations are finding. The problem is right in front of us, we’re confronting it every day,...
Oct. 22, 2016 04:00 PM EDT Reads: 3,090
In his keynote at 19th Cloud Expo, Sheng Liang, co-founder and CEO of Rancher Labs, will discuss the technological advances and new business opportunities created by the rapid adoption of containers. With the success of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and various open source technologies used to build private clouds, cloud computing has become an essential component of IT strategy. However, users continue to face challenges in implementing clouds, as older technologies evolve and newer ones like Docke...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:30 PM EDT Reads: 2,248
At its core DevOps is all about collaboration. The lines of communication must be opened and it takes some effort to ensure that they stay that way. It’s easy to pay lip service to trends and talk about implementing new methodologies, but without action, real benefits cannot be realized. Success requires planning, advocates empowered to effect change, and, of course, the right tooling. To bring about a cultural shift it’s important to share challenges. In simple terms, ensuring that everyone k...
Oct. 22, 2016 03:00 PM EDT Reads: 12,361
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, will contrast how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He will show the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He will also have live demos of building immutable pipe...
Oct. 22, 2016 02:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,508
Application transformation and DevOps practices are two sides of the same coin. Enterprises that want to capture value faster, need to deliver value faster – time value of money principle. To do that enterprises need to build cloud-native apps as microservices by empowering teams to build, ship, and run in production. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Neil Gehani, senior product manager at HPE, will discuss what every business should plan for how to structure their teams to d...
Oct. 22, 2016 01:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,284
SYS-CON Events announced today that Transparent Cloud Computing (T-Cloud) Consortium will exhibit at the 19th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on November 1–3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA. The Transparent Cloud Computing Consortium (T-Cloud Consortium) will conduct research activities into changes in the computing model as a result of collaboration between "device" and "cloud" and the creation of new value and markets through organic data proces...
Oct. 22, 2016 12:45 PM EDT Reads: 1,275