|By PR Newswire||
|May 4, 2011 10:00 AM EDT||
HOPKINTON, Mass., May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC to host 10,000+ attendees at the 11th annual EMC® World Conference in Las Vegas, with a focus on helping organizations take advantage of the major trends transforming IT.
- The key theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of today's most significant IT trends converge, providing significant new business value to IT professionals accelerating their journey to the cloud.
- Comprehensive event includes keynotes from industry leaders, more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs and exhibits from 100 of the leading IT vendors.
- EMC will also host the world's first Data Scientist Summit at EMC World, bringing together data scientists to discuss the big opportunities Big Data represents.
- EMC World is also home to Momentum 2011, the industry's largest gathering of enterprise content management experts, as well as the inaugural CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host its 11th annual EMC World conference for more than 10,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts from around the globe from May 9-12 at The Venetian in Las Vegas. This year's theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of the most significant technology trends today provide IT professionals with the opportunity to not only transform IT, but also transform their business. On Cloud computing, the focus is on accelerating the journey - leveraging service provider and hybrid technologies along the way. On Big Data, the focus is managing petabyte scale data volumes, extracting value from this data through analytics and ensuring that the information is delivered, in a timely fashion, to those who need it.
- Keynote presentations from top EMC and industry executives, including Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; and Pat Gelsinger, EMC's President of Information Infrastructure Products, who will outline the EMC, VMware and industry views of the future enabled by cloud computing and Big Data. For a full list of keynotes visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- More than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to help attendees realize more value out of their existing EMC infrastructure, accelerate their careers, be more successful in leveraging the advantages of the cloud and extract more business value from their Big Data. For a full list of breakout sessions visit: https://www.emcworldonline.com/2011/scheduler/catalog/catalog.jsp.
- The world's first Data Scientist Summit, bringing together nearly 500 data scientists and leaders from industry and academia to exchange ideas and explore their potential to change business and society in unprecedented ways through strategic insight into data. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the largest gathering focused on enterprise content management and archiving where more than 600 attendees will learn how the cloud is transforming critical business processes at more than 100 educational sessions and demonstrations. For full details visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm
- An exclusive CIO Summit, hosted by Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services and Sanjay Mirchandani, EMC's Chief Information Officer and COO, Global Centers of Excellence. It will bring together corporate CIOs and senior executives as well as industry leaders, including Michael Capellas, Chairman and CEO of VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company. Among several topics that will be covered are trust in the cloud and how Big Data will change the way customers create business value from information.
- The Big Data Storage Summit will present and explore new perspectives and challenge current theories on how to extract the most value from the world's data. Summit attendees will also learn how the industry can equip current and future data scientists with the tools, education and resources they need to succeed.
- The EMC World exhibit floor will also host an interactive demonstration of the VEX Robotics Competition. EMC-sponsored VEX teams of middle and high school students, with guidance from teachers and mentors, have built innovative robots and will compete against other teams at the EMC World 2011 competition.
"Last year we challenged IT professionals to begin their journey to the Cloud, this year we'll explain how they can accelerate it. But we're not stopping at Cloud. Once the IT infrastructure has been transformed into a fluid, dynamic and agile resource it's ready to transform the business -- and that's what Big Data is all about. Big Data represents big opportunity for everyone."
Jeremy Burton, EMC's Chief Marketing Officer
Follow EMC World Online
To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit www.emc.com/emcworld2011
Video replays of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions will be available to EMC's Facebook fans at facebook.com/emccorp shortly after the live presentation.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
Monitoring of Docker environments is challenging. Why? Because each container typically runs a single process, has its own environment, utilizes virtual networks, or has various methods of managing storage. Traditional monitoring solutions take metrics from each server and applications they run. These servers and applications running on them are typically very static, with very long uptimes. Docker deployments are different: a set of containers may run many applications, all sharing the resource...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:30 PM EST Reads: 5,669
In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Claude Remillard, Principal Program Manager in Developer Division at Microsoft, contrasted how his team used config as code and immutable patterns for continuous delivery of microservices and apps to the cloud. He showed how the immutable patterns helps developers do away with most of the complexity of config as code-enabling scenarios such as rollback, zero downtime upgrades with far greater simplicity. He also demoed building immutable pipelines in the cloud ...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 1,869
Join Impiger for their featured webinar: ‘Cloud Computing: A Roadmap to Modern Software Delivery’ on November 10, 2016, at 12:00 pm CST. Very few companies have not experienced some impact to their IT delivery due to the evolution of cloud computing. This webinar is not about deciding whether you should entertain moving some or all of your IT to the cloud, but rather, a detailed look under the hood to help IT professionals understand how cloud adoption has evolved and what trends will impact th...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:00 PM EST Reads: 2,647
@DevOpsSummit taking place June 6-8, 2017 at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo New York Call for Papers is now open.
Dec. 7, 2016 05:00 PM EST Reads: 1,916
The 20th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. Cloud Expo, to be held June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, brings together Cloud Computing, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps, Containers, Microservices and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding business opportunity. Submit your speaking proposal ...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:45 PM EST Reads: 2,253
You have great SaaS business app ideas. You want to turn your idea quickly into a functional and engaging proof of concept. You need to be able to modify it to meet customers' needs, and you need to deliver a complete and secure SaaS application. How could you achieve all the above and yet avoid unforeseen IT requirements that add unnecessary cost and complexity? You also want your app to be responsive in any device at any time. In his session at 19th Cloud Expo, Mark Allen, General Manager of...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 1,773
I’m a huge fan of open source DevOps tools. I’m also a huge fan of scaling open source tools for the enterprise. But having talked with my fair share of companies over the years, one important thing I’ve learned is that you can’t scale your release process using open source tools alone. They simply require too much scripting and maintenance when used that way. Scripting may be fine for smaller organizations, but it’s not ok in an enterprise environment that includes many independent teams and to...
Dec. 7, 2016 03:30 PM EST Reads: 571
Financial Technology has become a topic of intense interest throughout the cloud developer and enterprise IT communities. Accordingly, attendees at the upcoming 20th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York, June 6-8, 2017, will find fresh new content in a new track called FinTech.
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 2,199
Information technology is an industry that has always experienced change, and the dramatic change sweeping across the industry today could not be truthfully described as the first time we've seen such widespread change impacting customer investments. However, the rate of the change, and the potential outcomes from today's digital transformation has the distinct potential to separate the industry into two camps: Organizations that see the change coming, embrace it, and successful leverage it; and...
Dec. 7, 2016 02:15 PM EST Reads: 3,387
"Dice has been around for the last 20 years. We have been helping tech professionals find new jobs and career opportunities," explained Manish Dixit, VP of Product and Engineering at Dice, in this SYS-CON.tv interview at 19th Cloud Expo, held November 1-3, 2016, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:45 PM EST Reads: 1,116
Get deep visibility into the performance of your databases and expert advice for performance optimization and tuning. You can't get application performance without database performance. Give everyone on the team a comprehensive view of how every aspect of the system affects performance across SQL database operations, host server and OS, virtualization resources and storage I/O. Quickly find bottlenecks and troubleshoot complex problems.
Dec. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 2,147
SYS-CON Events announced today that Dataloop.IO, an innovator in cloud IT-monitoring whose products help organizations save time and money, has been named “Bronze Sponsor” of SYS-CON's 20th International Cloud Expo®, which will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. Dataloop.IO is an emerging software company on the cutting edge of major IT-infrastructure trends including cloud computing and microservices. The company, founded in the UK but now based in San Fran...
Dec. 7, 2016 01:30 PM EST Reads: 429
Rapid innovation, changing business landscapes, and new IT demands force businesses to make changes quickly. In the eyes of many, containers are at the brink of becoming a pervasive technology in enterprise IT to accelerate application delivery. In this presentation, attendees learned about the: The transformation of IT to a DevOps, microservices, and container-based architecture What are containers and how DevOps practices can operate in a container-based environment A demonstration of how ...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:45 PM EST Reads: 1,085
SYS-CON Events has announced today that Roger Strukhoff has been named conference chair of Cloud Expo and @ThingsExpo 2017 New York. The 20th Cloud Expo and 7th @ThingsExpo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "The Internet of Things brings trillions of dollars of opportunity to developers and enterprise IT, no matter how you measure it," stated Roger Strukhoff. "More importantly, it leverages the power of devices and the Internet to enable us all to im...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:30 PM EST Reads: 734
Cloud Expo, Inc. has announced today that Andi Mann returns to 'DevOps at Cloud Expo 2017' as Conference Chair The @DevOpsSummit at Cloud Expo will take place on June 6-8, 2017, at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. "DevOps is set to be one of the most profound disruptions to hit IT in decades," said Andi Mann. "It is a natural extension of cloud computing, and I have seen both firsthand and in independent research the fantastic results DevOps delivers. So I am excited to help the great t...
Dec. 7, 2016 12:00 PM EST Reads: 615
Application transformation and DevOps practices are two sides of the same coin. Enterprises that want to capture value faster, need to deliver value faster – time value of money principle. To do that enterprises need to build cloud-native apps as microservices by empowering teams to build, ship, and run in production. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Neil Gehani, senior product manager at HPE, discussed what every business should plan for how to structure their teams to delive...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,491
Without lifecycle traceability and visibility across the tool chain, stakeholders from Planning-to-Ops have limited insight and answers to who, what, when, why and how across the DevOps lifecycle. This impacts the ability to deliver high quality software at the needed velocity to drive positive business outcomes. In his general session at @DevOpsSummit at 19th Cloud Expo, Phil Hombledal, Solution Architect at CollabNet, discussed how customers are able to achieve a level of transparency that e...
Dec. 7, 2016 10:30 AM EST Reads: 1,150
Much of the value of DevOps comes from a (renewed) focus on measurement, sharing, and continuous feedback loops. In increasingly complex DevOps workflows and environments, and especially in larger, regulated, or more crystallized organizations, these core concepts become even more critical. In his session at @DevOpsSummit at 18th Cloud Expo, Andi Mann, Chief Technology Advocate at Splunk, showed how, by focusing on 'metrics that matter,' you can provide objective, transparent, and meaningful f...
Dec. 7, 2016 09:15 AM EST Reads: 4,623
DevOps is being widely accepted (if not fully adopted) as essential in enterprise IT. But as Enterprise DevOps gains maturity, expands scope, and increases velocity, the need for data-driven decisions across teams becomes more acute. DevOps teams in any modern business must wrangle the ‘digital exhaust’ from the delivery toolchain, "pervasive" and "cognitive" computing, APIs and services, mobile devices and applications, the Internet of Things, and now even blockchain. In this power panel at @...
Dec. 7, 2016 07:45 AM EST Reads: 888
@DevOpsSummit at Cloud taking place June 6-8, 2017, at Javits Center, New York City, is co-located with the 20th International Cloud Expo and will feature technical sessions from a rock star conference faculty and the leading industry players in the world. The widespread success of cloud computing is driving the DevOps revolution in enterprise IT. Now as never before, development teams must communicate and collaborate in a dynamic, 24/7/365 environment. There is no time to wait for long developm...
Dec. 7, 2016 06:30 AM EST Reads: 1,842