|By PR Newswire||
|May 4, 2011 10:00 AM EDT||
HOPKINTON, Mass., May 4, 2011 /PRNewswire/ --
- EMC to host 10,000+ attendees at the 11th annual EMC® World Conference in Las Vegas, with a focus on helping organizations take advantage of the major trends transforming IT.
- The key theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of today's most significant IT trends converge, providing significant new business value to IT professionals accelerating their journey to the cloud.
- Comprehensive event includes keynotes from industry leaders, more than 500 breakout sessions, more than 100 hands-on labs and exhibits from 100 of the leading IT vendors.
- EMC will also host the world's first Data Scientist Summit at EMC World, bringing together data scientists to discuss the big opportunities Big Data represents.
- EMC World is also home to Momentum 2011, the industry's largest gathering of enterprise content management experts, as well as the inaugural CIO Summit and Big Data Storage Summit.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) will host its 11th annual EMC World conference for more than 10,000 customers, partners, technologists, press, bloggers and analysts from around the globe from May 9-12 at The Venetian in Las Vegas. This year's theme, "Cloud Meets Big Data," highlights how two of the most significant technology trends today provide IT professionals with the opportunity to not only transform IT, but also transform their business. On Cloud computing, the focus is on accelerating the journey - leveraging service provider and hybrid technologies along the way. On Big Data, the focus is managing petabyte scale data volumes, extracting value from this data through analytics and ensuring that the information is delivered, in a timely fashion, to those who need it.
- Keynote presentations from top EMC and industry executives, including Joe Tucci, EMC Chairman and CEO; Paul Maritz, CEO of VMware; and Pat Gelsinger, EMC's President of Information Infrastructure Products, who will outline the EMC, VMware and industry views of the future enabled by cloud computing and Big Data. For a full list of keynotes visit: http://www.emcworld.com/keynotes.htm.
- More than 100 hands-on labs as well as 500 breakout sessions designed to help attendees realize more value out of their existing EMC infrastructure, accelerate their careers, be more successful in leveraging the advantages of the cloud and extract more business value from their Big Data. For a full list of breakout sessions visit: https://www.emcworldonline.com/2011/scheduler/catalog/catalog.jsp.
- The world's first Data Scientist Summit, bringing together nearly 500 data scientists and leaders from industry and academia to exchange ideas and explore their potential to change business and society in unprecedented ways through strategic insight into data. For full details visit: http://www.datascientistsummit.com/.
- Momentum, the largest gathering focused on enterprise content management and archiving where more than 600 attendees will learn how the cloud is transforming critical business processes at more than 100 educational sessions and demonstrations. For full details visit: http://www.emcworld.com/momentum.htm
- An exclusive CIO Summit, hosted by Howard Elias, President and Chief Operating Officer, EMC Information Infrastructure and Cloud Services and Sanjay Mirchandani, EMC's Chief Information Officer and COO, Global Centers of Excellence. It will bring together corporate CIOs and senior executives as well as industry leaders, including Michael Capellas, Chairman and CEO of VCE, the Virtual Computing Environment Company. Among several topics that will be covered are trust in the cloud and how Big Data will change the way customers create business value from information.
- The Big Data Storage Summit will present and explore new perspectives and challenge current theories on how to extract the most value from the world's data. Summit attendees will also learn how the industry can equip current and future data scientists with the tools, education and resources they need to succeed.
- The EMC World exhibit floor will also host an interactive demonstration of the VEX Robotics Competition. EMC-sponsored VEX teams of middle and high school students, with guidance from teachers and mentors, have built innovative robots and will compete against other teams at the EMC World 2011 competition.
"Last year we challenged IT professionals to begin their journey to the Cloud, this year we'll explain how they can accelerate it. But we're not stopping at Cloud. Once the IT infrastructure has been transformed into a fluid, dynamic and agile resource it's ready to transform the business -- and that's what Big Data is all about. Big Data represents big opportunity for everyone."
Jeremy Burton, EMC's Chief Marketing Officer
Follow EMC World Online
To track the latest EMC World 2011 happenings visit www.emc.com/emcworld2011
Video replays of all EMC World keynotes and super sessions will be available to EMC's Facebook fans at facebook.com/emccorp shortly after the live presentation.
EMC Corporation (NYSE: EMC) is the world's leading developer and provider of information infrastructure technology and solutions that enable organizations of all sizes to transform the way they compete and create value from their information. Information about EMC's products and services can be found at www.EMC.com.
EMC is a registered trademark of EMC Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other trademarks used herein are the property of their respective owners.
This release contains "forward-looking statements" as defined under the Federal Securities Laws. Actual results could differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of certain risk factors, including but not limited to: (i) adverse changes in general economic or market conditions; (ii) delays or reductions in information technology spending; (iii) our ability to protect our proprietary technology; (iv) risks associated with managing the growth of our business, including risks associated with acquisitions and investments and the challenges and costs of integration, restructuring and achieving anticipated synergies; (v) fluctuations in VMware, Inc.'s operating results and risks associated with trading of VMware stock; (vi) competitive factors, including but not limited to pricing pressures and new product introductions; (vii) the relative and varying rates of product price and component cost declines and the volume and mixture of product and services revenues; (viii) component and product quality and availability; (ix) the transition to new products, the uncertainty of customer acceptance of new product offerings and rapid technological and market change; (x) insufficient, excess or obsolete inventory; (xi) war or acts of terrorism; (xii) the ability to attract and retain highly qualified employees; (xiii) fluctuating currency exchange rates; (xiv) litigation that we may be involved in; and (xv) other one-time events and other important factors disclosed previously and from time to time in EMC's filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. EMC disclaims any obligation to update any such forward-looking statements after the date of this release.
SOURCE EMC Corporation
Public Cloud IaaS started it's life in the developer and startup communities and has grown rapidly to a $20B+ industry, but it still pales in comparison to how much is spent worldwide on IT: $3.6 trillion. In fact, there are 8.6 million data centers worldwide, the reality is many small and medium sized business have server closets and colocation footprints filled with servers and storage gear. While on-premise environment virtualization may have peaked at 75%, the Public Cloud has lagged in ado...
Apr. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,237
Dave will share his insights on how Internet of Things for Enterprises are transforming and making more productive and efficient operations and maintenance (O&M) procedures in the cleantech industry and beyond. Speaker Bio: Dave Landa is chief operating officer of Cybozu Corp (kintone US). Based in the San Francisco Bay Area, Dave has been on the forefront of the Cloud revolution driving strategic business development on the executive teams of multiple leading Software as a Services (SaaS) ap...
Apr. 25, 2015 02:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,522
Microsoft is releasing in the near future Azure Service Fabric as a preview beta. Azure Service Fabric is built to run microservices - a complex application consisting of smaller, interlocked components that enables updating components without disrupting service. Microsoft has used this over the past few years internally for many of its own applications and the new release is for general use, a new product. OSIsoft is an early adopter of this system and run with it to expand into the explo...
Apr. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,248
ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure IaaS, today released its SDK for Ruby, written against the company's new RESTful API. The new SDK joins ProfitBricks' previously announced support for the popular multi-cloud open-source Fog project. This new Ruby SDK, which exposes advanced functionality to take advantage of ProfitBricks' simplicity and productivity, aligns with ProfitBricks' mission to provide a painless way to automate infrastructure in the cloud. Ruby is a genera...
Apr. 25, 2015 01:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,027
Apr. 25, 2015 12:15 PM EDT Reads: 1,297
ProfitBricks has launched its new DevOps Central and REST API, along with support for three multi-cloud libraries and a Python SDK. This, combined with its already existing SOAP API and its new RESTful API, moves ProfitBricks into a position to better serve the DevOps community and provide the ability to automate cloud infrastructure in a multi-cloud world. Following this momentum, ProfitBricks has also introduced several libraries that enable developers to use their favorite language to code ...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,676
ProfitBricks, the provider of painless cloud infrastructure IaaS, announced the launch of its new DevOps Central and REST API, along with support for three multi-cloud libraries and a Python SDK. This, combined with its already existing SOAP API and its new RESTful API, moves ProfitBricks into a position to better serve the DevOps community and provide the ability to automate cloud infrastructure in a multi-cloud world. Following this momentum, ProfitBricks is also today introducing several l...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,149
What exactly is a cognitive application? In her session at 16th Cloud Expo, Ashley Hathaway, Product Manager at IBM Watson, will look at the services being offered by the IBM Watson Developer Cloud and what that means for developers and Big Data. She'll explore how IBM Watson and its partnerships will continue to grow and help define what it means to be a cognitive service, as well as take a look at the offerings on Bluemix. She will also check out how Watson and the Alchemy API team up to off...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,819
The 17th International Cloud Expo has announced that its Call for Papers is open. 17th International Cloud Expo, to be held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA, brings together Cloud Computing, APM, APIs, Microservices, Security, Big Data, Internet of Things, DevOps and WebRTC to one location. With cloud computing driving a higher percentage of enterprise IT budgets every year, it becomes increasingly important to plant your flag in this fast-expanding bu...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,294
The 5th International DevOps Summit, co-located with 17th International Cloud Expo – being held November 3-5, 2015, at the Santa Clara Convention Center in Santa Clara, CA – announces that its Call for Papers is open. Born out of proven success in agile development, cloud computing, and process automation, DevOps is a macro trend you cannot afford to miss. From showcase success stories from early adopters and web-scale businesses, DevOps is expanding to organizations of all sizes, including the...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,204
SYS-CON Events announced today the DevOps Foundation Certification Course, being held June ?, 2015, in conjunction with DevOps Summit and 16th Cloud Expo at the Javits Center in New York City, NY. This sixteen (16) hour course provides an introduction to DevOps – the cultural and professional movement that stresses communication, collaboration, integration and automation in order to improve the flow of work between software developers and IT operations professionals. Improved workflows will res...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 2,498
So I guess we’ve officially entered a new era of lean and mean. I say this with the announcement of Ubuntu Snappy Core, “designed for lightweight cloud container hosts running Docker and for smart devices,” according to Canonical. “Snappy Ubuntu Core is the smallest Ubuntu available, designed for security and efficiency in devices or on the cloud.” This first version of Snappy Ubuntu Core features secure app containment and Docker 1.6 (1.5 in main release), is available on public clouds, ...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 1,373
There is no quick way to learn Jython API but to experiment with it. The easiest way is to start with Jytutor extension for XL Deploy. Now you can also use the code snippet for exposing jython/python context in XL Deploy environment by running it directly in Jytutor Here’s how you can go ahead with that Download the Jytutor extension referring to the Jytutor Blog or from the following link https://github.com/xebialabs-community/xld-jytutor-plugin/releases Shutdown your XL Deploy server...
Apr. 25, 2015 12:00 PM EDT Reads: 809
79% of new products miss their launch date. That was the conclusion of a CGT/Sopheon Survey in which the impact of such market misses were also explored. What it didn't dig into was the reason why so many products and projects miss their launch date. When we start digging into the details with respect to applications, we can find at least one causal factor in the delivery process, specifically that portion which focuses on the actual move into production, from which consumers (internal and...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:45 AM EDT Reads: 883
Security is one the more prominent of the application service categories, likely due to its high profile impact. After all, if security fails, we all hear about it. The entire Internet. Forever. So when one conducts a survey on the state of application delivery (which is implemented using application services) you kinda have to include security. Which of course, we did.
Apr. 25, 2015 11:30 AM EDT Reads: 1,994
The world's leading Cloud event, Cloud Expo has launched Microservices Journal on the SYS-CON.com portal, featuring over 19,000 original articles, news stories, features, and blog entries. DevOps Journal is focused on this critical enterprise IT topic in the world of cloud computing. Microservices Journal offers top articles, news stories, and blog posts from the world's well-known experts and guarantees better exposure for its authors than any other publication. Follow new article posts on T...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 2,077
The concept and subsequent adoption of 'Containerization'' is growing at a rapid speed with the support of almost every other major player in the industry. This concept is much more efficient than the Virtualization which has been a major option for Infrastructure optimization in the past decade. The following factors distinguish a Container from a Virtual Machine. Containers contain Only the Application Specific libraries and binaries. They do not include a guest operating system. Rather ...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,580
Chef and Canonical announced a partnership to integrate and distribute Chef with Ubuntu. Canonical is integrating the Chef automation platform with Canonical's Machine-As-A-Service (MAAS), enabling users to automate the provisioning, configuration and deployment of bare metal compute resources in the data center. Canonical is packaging Chef 12 server in upcoming distributions of its Ubuntu open source operating system and will provide commercial support for Chef within its user base.
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,851
In 2015, 4.9 billion connected "things" will be in use. By 2020, Gartner forecasts this amount to be 25 billion, a 410 percent increase in just five years. How will businesses handle this rapid growth of data? Hadoop will continue to improve its technology to meet business demands, by enabling businesses to access/analyze data in real time, when and where they need it. Cloudera's Chief Technologist, Eli Collins, will discuss how Big Data is keeping up with today's data demands and how in t...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 1,435
Choosing between BIG-IP and LineRate isn't as difficult as it seems.... Our recent announcement of the availability of LineRate Point raised the same question over and over: isn't this just a software-version of BIG-IP? How do I know when to choose LineRate Point instead of BIG-IP VE (Virtual Edition)? Aren't they the same?? No, no they aren't. LineRate Point (and really Line Rate Precision, too) is more akin to an app proxy while BIG-IP VE remains, of course, an ADC (Application Delivery ...
Apr. 25, 2015 11:00 AM EDT Reads: 989